Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner April 2017

Patchwork Present Gift List

MrsJ_ToBe, 28 of May of 2016 at 10:24 Posted on Planning 0 6

Has anyone had any experience with Patchwork Present gift list or similar?! Love the idea as we really don't need anything for our house but I'm not comfortable asking for cash contributions to honeymoon. Would be great to hear from anyone who has used anything similar!

6 replies

Latest activity by GeorgeBee88, 31 of May of 2016 at 14:08
  • M
    Beginner July 2017
    Much_ado_about_weddings ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking about using this! I've not used it myself but someone else on this forum had and they said it was good. The thing that put me off it that they take a certain % of the money themselves; but I guess even with that, it's a better option than getting twenty vases or tea-towels...!

• M
    Beginner April 2017
    MrsJ_ToBe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah I hadn't clocked that!! They charge 3% & then PayPal also charge a %... Works out to be pennies in the grand scheme of things though & like you say better than people spending money (very kindly!) on gifts that could end up in a cupboard gathering dust.

• G
    Beginner August 2016
    GeorgeBee88 ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried HoneyFund? It looks very similar (and it's what I'm using) but guests can pay by cash, cheque or PayPal - if they pay by PayPal then PayPal take a small fee (think it's 80p + 3% or something) but if they pay by cash or cheque then you get 100% of the money.

It's free to use but you can upgrade to get more features like photos etc. I upgraded as felt it looked better with the photos and I'm a bit of a perfectionist!

• M
    Beginner April 2017
    MrsJ_ToBe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh how have you found HoneyFund? I did look but thought it was very American so wondered if it would work as well. I also didn't realise there was a free option. Must learn to read properly!

• G
    Beginner August 2016
    GeorgeBee88 ·
    • Hide content

I found it really easy to use and I had quite a bit of fun setting it up! We already have our honeymoon booked so I just researched things to do, see and buy them and personalised it as much as possible to our honeymoon. If you'd like a peek at it let me know and I will PM you our link.

• M
    Beginner April 2017
    MrsJ_ToBe ·
    • Hide content

That would be brilliant if you don't mind me having a peek Smiley smile

• G
    Beginner August 2016
    GeorgeBee88 ·
    • Hide content

I *think* I just sent you a message - let me know if you didn't get anything!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics