Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner June 2012

Paying a deposit on a dress

Bride2012, 27 August, 2011 at 22:46 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi all,

I'm going dress shopping the first week of September and just wondered what the typical deposit was when ordering a dress? I'm thinking its something like 50% of the cost of the dress.

For those who have already ordered their dress what sort of deposit have you paid?

Thanks,

Michelle

7 replies

Latest activity by irrelephant, 28 August, 2011 at 11:12
  • CarolineBride
    Dedicated August 2013
    CarolineBride ·
    • Hide content

Yes you're right. Most shops I visited wanted 50% as a desposit, except Berketex who wanted £200, but maybe that's so you're more likely to buy a dearer dress in the long run lol!

They do have an attractive payment scheme though where you can take 12 months to pay the rest, paying off in bits whenever you want, as long as its paid in a year. If only the dress I love wasn't beyond my budget.. decisions, decisions.

Good luck and have fun shopping ?

• T
    Beginner June 2012
    twinkel*t ·
    • Hide content

I just got my dress today actualy from Berketex it was £1299 but because of there sale they had 2 discount offers 1)pay by (i think it was december) and get 20% off or 2) pay by sep and get 25% off

so i got option 2 and payed a deposit of £200

i have been in three times each time they have had a sale so they come around alot so if you do get it from there its worth waiting

• hopefulmum2b
    Beginner August 2012
    hopefulmum2b ·
    • Hide content

Hello

i too had to pay half the price as a deposit.

Good luck with the shopping x

• MonaLisaBrideToBe
    Beginner June 2012
    MonaLisaBrideToBe ·
    • Hide content

I thought it would be half but it wasn't it was only 10% and then 50% by six months before the dress will be picked up.

The rest needs to be paid two months before the wedding!

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

Thats good mine was 50% up front and the rest when dress comes in in 32 weeks x

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

Mine was 50% and then I have to pay the rest when the dress comes in.

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

We paid a 50% deposit on my dress and I can either pay it off in full when the dress comes in, or i have the option to pay it off in bits and pieces until i take it home with me. We were also were given a half price discount on all of my bridesmaid dresses. Its always worth checking what offers they have on in wedding dress shops.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics