Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2014

Paying a security deposit for MUA

Miss B 2 be Mrs H, 8 of September of 2013 at 20:40 Posted on Planning 0 11

Ok, so I have FINALLY found a hair and mua I love and she is available on my date. However, according to her website you pay for the trial after the trial and pay for the wedding day on the wedding day itself. There is no deposit needed...I just need to complete and send back a booking form.

Have any of you experienced this?

If I book her now but obviously won't have a trial until a lot nearer the time how do I know my wedding date is secure between now and then without having paid a security deposit? Is this the norm???

Thanks everyone!

x

11 replies

Latest activity by Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB), 10 of September of 2013 at 12:25
  • *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

A few ones I've enquired about it's pay for your wedding make up on that day Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Miss B 2 be Mrs H ·
    • Hide content

But what I'm worried about is how would I know my wedding date is secure if no deposit is to be paid? All our other bookings we have had to pay a deposit to secure the date and it just unnerves me that I won't have to in this case? Or maybe the booking form is a form of a contract? I have emailed the mua but just wondering if this is usual practice not to ask for a deposit. How do I know she won't let my date go to someone else between now and then?! ☹️

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

I'd imagine the booking form will be a type of contract, she could have a booking form atm and take a deposit from you and although it'd put your mind it ease it wouldn't be any more official so i'm sure it'll all be fine Smiley smile
    I think hair is the same although not 100% sure, as it's a service you're actually getting done on that date I think they just prefer to get the money that day Smiley smile
    Ask her all about it though to put your mind at ease if you're worried x

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Miss B 2 be Mrs H ·
    • Hide content

It is very true what you say that even if she did take a deposit from me it wouldn't actually make the booking anymore secure but I guess it would put my mind at rest! I hope she replies to me soon...

Thank you! ? x

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

I've had to put a deposit down but it was very small - about £20 I think and sign the booking form. TBH the deposit is so low the same would apply in my opinion, but you've got a booking form so if that's their way of working, it should be fine - the deposit is more to protect them really so you don't run off so I wouldn't worry too much!

• H
    Beginner September 2013
    hev54 ·
    • Hide content

I didn't have to pay a deposit and was also worried at the time but it was absolutely fine. I paid for the trial on the day and I'll do the same on the wedding day. Like you've said, paying a deposit doesn't make your date any more secure, in fact it would make it even more difficult if she did cancel because then you have the added stress of getting your money back.

• Rosco298
    Beginner February 2014
    Rosco298 ·
    • Hide content

I have booked mine and I haven't paid a deposit or filled in a booking form. I just phoned her up we had a chat agreed a price and she put me in the diary. I've not met her yet or seen her work but I'm sure it'll be fine. I wouldn't worry too much this seems to be the norm round here. Plus for me if it all goes wrong and she doesn't turn up I'll just do it myself. Although I have no reason to believe she won't be there.

• flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content

All the ones I have contacted wanted one upfront whereas my hair stylist didn't, it just depends on the individual.

• M
    Beginner January 2015
    murphy88 ·
    • Hide content

If your really worried once shes been in contact - ask for an email conformation and keep these in your records

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Miss B 2 be Mrs H ·
    • Hide content

Ah, thanks everyone! Its good to know others have experienced the same thing. You have reassured me! Still haven't heard back from her but will let you know what she says when she does ?x

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

A lot of the ones i looked at wanted money up front but the ones i went with i pay on the day of the trail and on the wedding day. I'm much happier with that setup Smiley smile

• Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB)
    Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

I take a £20 booking fee at the time of booking (which is redeemable against their practice fee) and I tell brides that I can't hold their date for them without one. I then email across confirmation of their booking. At the practice they then pay the remainder of the practice fee and 50% of their wedding day fee. The remainder of the fee is paid by bank transfer the day before the wedding or in cash on the wedding day. I hope this helps. Juliet x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics