Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner March 2013

Paying for a wedding dress

Chedi, 7 March, 2012 at 16:26 Posted on Planning 0 6

I went and had my first look at some dresses today and forgot to ask whilst I was there, so I was hoping you lot may have an idea.

I have an idea of how much I can put aside each month for my wedding dress, so know in total what I can spend on it - but my question is, do you generally treat like you would do normal clothes shopping where you pay there and then, or is it something you can pay off a little at a time up until you receive it, or do you just wait until it arrives and fully fitted and then you pay?

Or does this all vary shop by shop?

6 replies

Latest activity by ilovejay, 7 March, 2012 at 18:59
  • Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

I think it varies between shops. I had to pay 50% when I ordered my dress and will pay the rest when my dress arrives in 6 months time.

• Mrs C 2B87
    Beginner May 2013
    Mrs C 2B87 ·
    • Hide content

I am not sure if every shop is the same but I have found from looking myself and from my friends getting their wedding dresses that its a 50% deposit when you order the dress and the other 50% to be paid when you collect it Smiley smile

• Aurora Borealis
    Beginner June 2013
    Aurora Borealis ·
    • Hide content

I think it varies by shop. I believe you are always required to put down a deposit (I think this is usually 50%), and the rest is either payable when the dress comes in, or sometimes you can pay in installments.

• DarkMoomin
    Beginner June 2012
    DarkMoomin ·
    • Hide content

It seems that its usually a variable deposit (from a few huindred to 50% ish) and then the rest later. I'm sure they would be fine with youpayin it off over time,as long as it was all paid for by the time it needed to be - but you would have to have the deposit amount.

Sample dresses are a bit different - these all seem to be paid all upfront.

• C
    Beginner March 2013
    Chedi ·
    • Hide content

Okie dokes. Thank you. Seems to be a very similar answer ?

• becomingmrsevans
    Beginner August 2012
    becomingmrsevans ·
    • Hide content

Like everyone else saying it will depend on the shop. I had to pay a deposit and then could either pay the rest then and there or pay when the dress came into the shop. I'm one of those who would rather pay for it then and there one less cost/thing to think about later on.

• I
    Beginner May 2013
    ilovejay ·
    • Hide content

The shop i've been to want 1/3 of the cost as deposit , the rest can be paid in instalments and the dress as to be paid for when it comes in and before it is altered

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics