Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner September 2014

Paying for hotel rooms for bridal party?

Dympna, 21 of July of 2014 at 20:36 Posted on Planning 0 11

Who should pay for Bestman or Bridesmaid accommodation . BM is going on about groom being tight so as shut up we offered to pay room provided he shared Twin room with my 21 year old. He is still going on about having to share. Any suggestions ?

11 replies

Latest activity by cymruangel, 22 of July of 2014 at 12:41
  • TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

We won't be paying for anybody's, I may stand corrected but I don't think it's common practice to pay for Bridesmaids or best men...

• M
    Beginner December 2014
    MRS RB ·
    • Hide content

We're not paying for anyone's accomodation the night of the wedding. As part of our package we get 1 room the night before which me and my bridesmaid will be staying in. I have offered to pay for a room for my other BM (little sister) and mum so they don't feel left out but they are just going to come up in the morning.

• alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk
    Rockstar November 2014
    alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

We're not paying for any bodies rooms. My mom and sister are stopping in a hotel with me the night before which my dad is paying for but everybody else is sorting themselves out xx

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mazza32 ·
    • Hide content

I was a bridesmaid last year and had to pay for my room £150 a night for two nights, and I'm not paying for anyone's room for my wedding even though MIL thought I should pay, I said no and the bestman too. Your paying enough as it is if they really want to stay they will pay themselves Smiley smile

• Pipsybus
    Beginner June 2015
    Pipsybus ·
    • Hide content

We're having our reception about a 40min drive from where most of our guests (including bridal party) live. We are putting on coaches to take people home but if they'd rather stay in the hotel they can pay for that themselves. I don't think you need to pay for accommodation for others.

• StaceyLorraine
    Beginner July 2014
    StaceyLorraine ·
    • Hide content

My girls paid for their own or sorted bunking in with someone else themselves I paid for their dresses, shoes, hair, make-up, jewellery so I wasn't prepared to spend another £110 for them to have a room.

• C
    Beginner
    cw2b ·
    • Hide content

We aren't paying for anyone's room either. If our guests want to stay they can pay for themselves!

• mustard_mitt
    Beginner September 2015
    mustard_mitt ·
    • Hide content

We will probably pay for grandparents and parents but not for anyone else, only because if you say you'll pay for x, y will get upset etc and you can't pay for everyone's rooms.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Best man and bridesmaids should be able to sort out their own accommodation. We only paid for our own room.

As others have said weddings are expensive enough without paying for peoples rooms for the night.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

It depends if they are able to pay for their rooms or not. We're paying for some but that's because the Best Man is OHs eldest son but he'll only be 19 and not working, at college. He will be sharing a roomwith his younger brother who is being an usher. We are then paying for the rooms that OH, Me, my MoH (my daughter) and my son(19)who is giving me away, will be in. Daughter and I in honeymoon suite for the night before, OH andmy son sharing a different room the night before. Then it's all change for the wedding night, with my daughter and OH changing places. My son and daughter do work but son is at uni and daughter lives alone and is on a low wage so it's only fair we pay. We're not payinig for anyone else's accommodation.

If your Best Man is a working bloke with the means, then he should stop moaning and pay his way - I'd charge him 50% of the room he's sharing!

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

We paid for my MOH's room but no one else and there were good reasons for hers.

The fact your best man is complaining about having to share when you've offered to pay is ridiculous!

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

We're paying for people who are doing us favours, so the vicar and organist who are both personal friends and not attached to the church where we're getting married.

We will probably also subsidise rooms for the grandparents, as they'll need to stay 2 nights and are obviously on pensions. But most people are paying for themselves and that includes bridesmaids and best man, as everything else will have been paid for them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics