Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Yorkshirelass
Super July 2022 Surrey

Pea Soup DramašŸ¤£

Yorkshirelass, 30 of May of 2022 at 16:51 Posted on Planning 0 4
Last week my FH and I went to the venue to taste the menu. We had been asked to give three courses each and then we would choose a full meal of starter, main and dessert from these. Now we both love pea soup but we know my mum doesnā€™t so we choose the pea soup as we liked it but asked them if they could do a leek and potato for the MOB. They were fine with that and were really accommodating. My FH and my sister (maid of honour) are having a different dessert too as we went for a toffee and banana cheesecake and he wanted the creme brĆ»lĆ©e and she doesnā€™t like bananas . I messaged my mum and sister to explain this and they both seemed pleased. They were together this weekend and Iā€™ve just received a message from my mum saying that now dad wants creme brĆ»lĆ©e and they are worrying that pea soup is an acquired taste and quite ā€œnicheā€ and that they are not sure the guests will like it! I personally donā€™t think itā€™s niche lol but wondered what others think??
My FH said I should stick my ground and if my dad wants leek soup and creme brĆ»lĆ©e let him but donā€™t change pea soup for all the other guests! Both me and FH are happy with pea soup !
I should point out that my parents are paying as they are giving us 10k towards the wedding so I suppose I should make sure the top table are happy??But is pea soup an odd one?! And is it ā€œnicheā€ šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

4 replies

Latest activity by Mrsjones2024, 9 of June of 2022 at 17:30
  • A
    Dedicated July 2022 Co Londonderry
    Ali312 Ā·
    • Hide content
    I mean I wouldn't specifically choose pea soup if I got a choice, but I wouldn't say no either. I'd try it and if it's nice I'd eat it. From a guests perspective. Either way, bear in mind you won't be able to please everyone, inevitable someone won't like it. But I don't think it's a niche choice or anything Smiley smile
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 Ā·
    • Hide content

It's not particularly niche but I would consider an alternative if you are having a lot of older guests as it's something that older people often have difficulty in digesting.

• Laura
    Beginner April 2024 Cambridgeshire
    Laura Ā·
    • Hide content
    I say if you chose pea soup, stick with the pea soup and focus on more important things. They will understand.

People will eat what they are given at weddings - worst case scenario they eat half of it with the bread roll and they wait for the main. It's a form of mild vegetable soup, not hot and spicy vindaloo soup!
    Good luck and hope all goes well x
  • Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 Ā·
    • Hide content
    I donā€™t think that pea soup is ā€œnicheā€. Personally, I hate soup but Iā€™d eat what was put in front of me as Iā€™d be hungry :-) I donā€™t think itā€™s an off putting flavour or one that no one would eat. If thatā€™s what you want, go for it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics