Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2012

Peacock hire

lees6, 9 July, 2011 at 08:47 Posted on Planning 0 6

Since my husband to be is named peacock and this will be my new surname, we thought it would be entertaining to hire some peacocks to wander round the gardens at the reception. Only problem is, I have absolutely no idea where to start or if this is even possible or legal???? Any suggestions will be greatfully received....

6 replies

Latest activity by Helenia, 9 July, 2011 at 13:25
  • kittykat9/9
    Beginner October 2011
    kittykat9/9 ·
    • Hide content

No idea where to get them from but do remember that they are often used in grand houses as guard birds - they make an AWFUL racket if disturbed - rather than just pretty birds and they won't necessarily have all of their pretty feathers.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

This wins the award for funniest post title I feel/

Im sure it is possible to hire peacocks- a TV or film company may be a good place to start with contacts- they must have somewhere they get animals from for TV programmes etc.

Perhaps you could just have a peacock theme? I imagine that would be much easier.

(if you do find somewhere to hire peacocks- let me know. Would love to see MrMini's face when he gets home and I have filled the garden with the things)

• L
    Beginner May 2012
    lees6 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks kittykat, I was afraid of that, just thought it would be kinda funny to have them bobbing around...

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

I would guess that, alongside doves and butterflies, peacock hire wouldn't go down well here. A lot of people dislike the thought of (ab)using animals as 'entertainment' as part of a wedding.

I think the suggestion of peacock feathers in the table decorations and invitation imagery is probably a far safer - and cheaper - bet.

However, if you really are set on it, perhaps a call to this place might give you some leads - http://www.peacocks4u.co.uk/

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

*frantically searching the Peacocks4u webiste to see how quickly she can get them delivered*

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Aside from the welfare concerns that have already been mentioned and which make any kind of wildlife involvement controversial on here, peacocks are quite often rather bad tempered birds. I've been bitten by one before when I was a kid. They may not appreciate being played with by any small guests you may have.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics