Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Flump
Expert January 2012

Ped Eggs?

Flump, 1 June, 2009 at 11:20 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 27

Has anyone got one of these, or heard anything about them? Thanks to the annoying JML video demonstration in Boots on Saturday I was vaguely aware of their existence, but then a friend mentioned them later in the day as being fabulous for making your feet lovely (although she did liken it to a parmesan grater!), and I wondered if anyone here had experience of one?

I already have a £40 foot file with diamond chips on it (apparently?) but it's just not cutting the mustard with my orrible feet. Any experiences gratefully received!

?

27 replies

Latest activity by macca, 1 June, 2009 at 15:40
  • pans
    Beginner
    pans ·
    • Hide content

Oh my god, we take the p1ss out of ped eggs none stop over here. please tell me the revolting advert is the same on JVL where the woman cheese grates her foot and then "opens' the ped egg to show you all her marvellous dead skin that has come off. It makes me want to vomit every time. they even rip the p1ss out of them on the radio.

FLUMP - step away from the ped egg. Whats wrong with just a metal file which is the same (cheese grater style) from boots that doesnt collect you dead smelly bunion skin and can be washed away whilst you use it?

• flailing wildly
    flailing wildly ·
    • Hide content

Even the name of it makes me want to heave ?

• SophieM
    SophieM ·
    • Hide content

I'd just go to a chiropodist and get them properly sorted, tbh. My feet are 'orrible too and a session once every six months sorts them. The thing they use is more like a potato peeler than a parmesan grater so I suppose you could give it a go at home if you wanted to ?

• pans
    Beginner
    pans ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried the razor blade thing? i think they are used for corns etc but all the nail "bars" over here use them and my feet have been marvellous since.

• Allice
    Beginner August 2007
    Allice ·
    • Hide content

The idea of it makes me want to vomit but I have friends who swear by them, imagine emptying it? Anyway, apparently they are dirt cheap on ebay (they are new ones!)

• M
    MrsSW ·
    • Hide content

YES YES YES - BUY BUY BUY! I am known as the Ped Egg evangelist on another forum. They are amazing. Yes, they are like parmesan graters for feet. They do a brilliant job and really quickly. With a foot file you can be filing for aaaages - ped egg removes really bad hard skin in minutes.

• Flump
    Expert January 2012
    Flump ·
    • Hide content

Ooh eeeeeeeeenteresting! Soaps, I do fancy a trip to the chiropodist [weirdo icon], I might look into trying to find one near me.

Yes, a collection of foot shavings does sound a bit grim. Not sure how much they are - a tenner maybe??

• M
    MrsSW ·
    • Hide content

£9.78 in Asda. beware, the holder doesn't catch all the filings, so use it over newspaper to avoid having grated foot on the carpet/tiles. The Ped Egg comes with two pieces of emery board type pads to finish off the job. Really, I can't recommend it enough. On the other forum someone found a link to a £2.99 version, but I bought one for a friend and I think it was a fake.

• Flump
    Expert January 2012
    Flump ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

aah a tried and tested user! do they make your feet red and sore at all? how are they different to normal cheese grater foot files?

• Flump
    Expert January 2012
    Flump ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

aah a tried and tested user! do they make your feet red and sore at all? how are they different to normal cheese grater foot files? thanks! x

• M
    MrsSW ·
    • Hide content

Not as rough as the 'callous remover' type foot file. The blades are like on a microplane grater. You can be quite vigorous on the bad bits and you go a bit more gently when you can see that you are getting down to healthy skin. It's a long time since I had feet that looked anywhere near acceptable, but I've had soft(ish) heels so far this summer. I only use it every couple of weeks, and I think I should use it more often to get best results and keep hard skin at bay rather than have to tackle build-up in one fell swoop. Beware though, I tend to put my foot over the bath when using it, but one day toddler daughter was in the bath, so I thought I'd put my foot on the toilet seat. I ended up with my foot down the toilet and 3 year old thought it was hilarious (mind you, so did I!)

• Tulip O`Hare
    Beginner
    Tulip O`Hare ·
    • Hide content

? This is the grimest thread I've seen for quite a while.

As you were.

• B
    bobbly1 ·
    • Hide content

I love my ped egg and I can't wait to open it to see how much skin I have grated off! (but I'm weird like that!)

• Sparkley
    Beginner September 2007
    Sparkley ·
    • Hide content

I've got one ?

I think it's fab, as it's easy to hold and I like the fact it collects parmesan cheese the dead skin ?

• Roobarb
    Beginner January 2007
    Roobarb ·
    • Hide content

I might get one for Mr R

I am absolutely sick to the back teeth of coming downstairs of a morning when he's stayed up after me and finding the day before's sweaty socks sitting next to a pile of foot shavings ? yes sometimes I wonder why I married him too.

[my mum] he's a martyr to his feet [/my mum]

• Redhead
    Beginner
    Redhead ·
    • Hide content

I can 100% vouch for the fact that MrsSW is indeed a PedEgg evangelist!

Still haven't bought one myself, as I keep bloody forgetting but really, really want one [weirdo icon] ?

• M
    MrsSW ·
    • Hide content

Red, you just KNEW that I would have siezed the opportunity to spout on about them again didn't you! ?

• Monkey   Mavis
    Beginner
    Monkey Mavis ·
    • Hide content

That ad grims me out.

I use a file a foot from the body shop and follow up at bedtime with cracked heal balm - it is brilliant. Sorts out the unattractive summer heels!!!

• Redhead
    Beginner
    Redhead ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I saw the title and thought immediately of you! Must must must remember to get one next time I go out.

• Flump
    Expert January 2012
    Flump ·
    • Hide content

Slightly regretting checking up on this thread as I eat my lunch! ?

Thanks all, I think I'm too embarrassed to buy one though now ?

• jaz
    Beginner
    jaz ·
    • Hide content

I have one and find it very good. If the white isn't sublt enough you can buy them in bright pink now too ?

• WelshTotty
    Beginner December 2014
    WelshTotty ·
    • Hide content

I've got one and think its fab. The foot shavings dont bother me, after all they are my foot shavings not anyone elses.

• Sparkley
    Beginner September 2007
    Sparkley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

And they wouldn't look out of place sprinkled on a big bowl of pasta ?

• WelshTotty
    Beginner December 2014
    WelshTotty ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aye, it does look alittle like parmesan, but not feeling the need to eat my own feet, I usually stick it in the bin!?

• sherry
    Beginner May 2009
    sherry ·
    • Hide content

I bought one last week out of curiousity. It was £2 - it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

We have 3 shops here that sell the hand held ones for £2 and one with a handle for £3 so I figured it didnt matter if I liked it or not ?.

• macca
    Beginner
    macca ·
    • Hide content

?

(Would it be terribly rooooooood to buy one for MIL, who has revolting feet?)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics