Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

O
Beginner August 2011

Peep through boards

onion1975, 20 February, 2011 at 11:19 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi everyone, just a quick question, hopefully someone will be able to help me in my search...We're having a seaside/beach themed wedding to tie in with the venue and was after one of those peep through boards..you know the things...the boards with silly pictures on and cut outs where you put your head through...anyway, after trawling the net, the only thing i can find is to hire when we were really hoping to buy (thinking it might be slightly cheaper)..or even make it...would anyone have any ideas at all where to begin?

Thanks in advance

Amy

3 replies

Latest activity by MrsShark, 20 February, 2011 at 13:12
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Have you thought about asking the local art college? It's really just a sheet of 8x4 wood (which you can get from any DIY store) with holes cut in it, with the pictures painted on - I'd have thought someone there would have enjoyed that sort of project?

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Find someone with a shed and a jigsaw cutting machine. Large piece of ply wood or similar. Draw design on, get them to cut it out and paint. Extra bits of wood to stand it up. Would also need to check you can get it in a car to/from venue.

If you had a design in mind, could use a projector to magnify design onto a wall, the trace around large piece of paper. This would give the template to cut the wood with. Would need to make sure edges of wood arent splintery.

No idea where you'd buy one from though, but could ask a cabinet makers or anyone that works with wood if they can cut a design out for you. Good luck.

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

Try here.

• MrsShark
    Beginner September 2011
    MrsShark ·
    • Hide content

Hi Amy!

Can't remember if you said you were in Manchester?? If so then surely somewhere in Blackpool should make them?? If not then I would contact the local amateur dramatic groups, colleges to speak to the drama/set design people as it may be they have one or at least they will certainly have access to the right tools and machines to make you one...and then you can personalise it!

Katie x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics