Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vee Tee
Beginner April 2012

Pen for signing your life away (aka signing the register)

Vee Tee, 25 of August of 2011 at 00:31 Posted on Planning 0 4

LOL joking. obviously or I wouldnt be here...

Anyway I thnk Im a bit of a dafty, as I saw a gorgeous ivory coloured pen in the swarovski shop filled with clear sparkly diamond like swarovski crystals and it was a special edition one with a butterfly charm on it - with butterflies being my theme i couldnt resist. I thought this would be beautiful for signing the register. Mum also thought it was a nice touch, now since then practically everyone I've told has informed me that you need to use a fountain pen to sign the register. Others debate that it is not a requirement so much as tradition or just that usually your celebrant will provide a fountain pen. Can anyone here confirm or deny??

4 replies

Latest activity by greenleaf, 25 of August of 2011 at 07:23
  • NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

An appropriate pen will be provided.

I know what pen you're on about though, I have the exact same pen and I used it for my guest-book. Thankfully it wasn't stolen ? I keep it in pride of place in my memories box!

• Wedding Photographer
    Wedding Photographer ·
    • Hide content

The pen the registrar uses has specific ink in it (it is non-fading and permanent etc.)

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

As WP says you have to use the pen provided by the Registrar to sign.

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

As the others have said you have to use their pen for signing the document, but perhaps you could ask if you could use the one you have brought for your photos

• greenleaf
    greenleaf ·
    • Hide content

Use it for the photographs it will be a nice touch. Some registrars now bring along a dummy pen for the photographs so why not use yours.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics