Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Panjita
Beginner May 2011

People who have done the JM 30 Day Shred

Panjita, 23 of December of 2013 at 11:51 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 10

I've just purchased it for after Christmas (£5 on Amazon if anyone is interested?). I've not done any serious exercise for about 2 years. I'm just concerned about when I'll fit it into my day so I wondered, how long is each session? If it's a half hour one, i am thinking bout maybe dragging myself out of bed 30 minutes earlier each day...? I couldn't cope with any more than 30 minutes in the morning though.

10 replies

Latest activity by Panjita, 23 of December of 2013 at 16:36
  • Rosco298
    Beginner February 2014
    Rosco298 ·
    • Hide content

It claims to be 30mins but I think it's a little longer with the warm up and cool down but no more than 40mins. I used to get up early and do it too. I should probably start again with the wedding so soon. Maybe that should be my aim for January. hmm

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

For the first time in my life, I'm actually okay about my weight, but it would be nice to firm up a little bit. Is it strict that you need to do it EVERY day or do you think you'd still see the benefits if you did it every other day?

• Rosco298
    Beginner February 2014
    Rosco298 ·
    • Hide content

I am OK with my weight I am just under my weight watchers goal weight but I would like to tone up my arms as they are exposed in my dress. Plus I'm running another half marathon in April so I need to stay fit for that. I think it will be fine to do it every other day. I imagine you will still see results just not as quickly but it's probably better to fit it in an keep it up than go hell for leather for a week and never do it again. I didn't do it every day, I run, ride horses and mix the 30DS in with that so I made sure I was doing somehting each day. I get a little bored doing the same thing over and over again so for me it was better to mix it up.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Rosco ?

• porkchop
    Beginner September 2012
    porkchop ·
    • Hide content

It's less than 30mins, more like 25. It's 3 x 6 min sections plus warm up and cool down.

• spikeygoodness
    Beginner
    spikeygoodness ·
    • Hide content

What Porkchop said. How much benefit you see depends on your base level - I did it when I went to the gym and saw a personal trianer each week, and found it fairly easy. I did it again after having J and doing naff all for a year, and found it a definite challenge! Every other day should be fine to see results.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

My friend did it & did exactly that, she dragged herself out of bed half an hour early to do it.

She saw really good results.

Although she goes to the gym anyway she said she has really noticed a positive change in her body shape since doing the DVD & really recommended it.

Just remember to eat healthily too!

• Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content

I did it through the summer and I saw some great results! Smiley smile definitely couldn't have managed it every day in the first fortnight though... My legs were aching so hard! I found it gets easier as Gillian gets more irritating! Ha.

Might start it again in the new year, if you need a motivation buddy give me a shout!

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have this down to a tee now! Letting loose slightly over Christmas but in general I feel so smug about my eating habits.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's brilliant... I have no willpower what so ever.

Come january I wi need to be strict with myself (or glue my gob shut).

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I seem to have suddenly found my balance after twenty odd years of self loathing. I think the fact I barely drink any more has had a really positive effect on my weight.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics