Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Faye
Beginner April 2023 South Yorkshire

Period due on my wedding day

Faye, 13 of December of 2022 at 07:59 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 2 22
Why is being a woman just so irritating!!!!!
So I am predicted to come on, THE DAY of our wedding. I am not wanting to take the pill because I’ve been off nearly year and it’s taken a almost this full year for my period last to become regular.

Any advice, please!? What would people recommend, pad, tampon or both, just in case? What did people do with storing these? Any supplements recommendations?
Any advice

22 replies

Latest activity by Samantha, 19 of February of 2023 at 21:29
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

For a start, unless you are super regular, there's no guarantee you will start on your wedding day, so let's hope that you don't!

But if you do, I guess the important thing to consider is how badly it affects you. If you are going to be really poorly, or if your dress is very fitted and your weight fluctuates a lot (I used to put on 2 inches round my middle on the first 2 days!) then you probably need to talk to your GP about going back on the pill, at least just for that month. Ditto if you are extremely heavy.

If it's likely to be annoying and inconvenient rather than debilitating, then I would just focus on making sure that you have sufficient protection not to be worried. If you don't normally leak, then there's really no need to increase protection just because it's your wedding day. But if it would give you peace of mind to double up tampon & pad, then go ahead. I used to wear a pair of 'control' briefs on my heaviest days, as I found they were close fitting enough to give me peace of mind that nothing was going to slip out of place! You could also look into mooncups and period briefs. (If you're going to try something like the mooncup for the first time, then I'd suggest getting it asap so that you can try it and be comfortable with using it beforehand)

For storing supplies, you're likely to have a few things that you will want nearby on the day, so I'd put a little bag together (tissues, snacks, any perfume/makeup/hair supplies for retouching, bottle of water etc) and add your sanitary protection to that bag - either task a bridesmaid/relative with keeping an eye on it, or if you have a room booked at your reception, leave it there.

• Kathryn
    Savvy April 2025 Co Londonderry
    Kathryn ·
    • Hide content

If you really really didn't want to deal with your period on the day, you can take tablets to delay it, superdrug do them (I'm sure there's other places too)
    https://healthclinics.superdrug.com/services/period-delay/
    I've never taken them so not sure what it's like or how well they work, but could be another option to think of x

• Faye
    Faye ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!!!
  • Faye
    Faye ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This was literally so useful!!! Thank you so so much!
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you're using the period delay ones, (or any meds you've not taken before) I'd do a trial run a couple of months beforehand - some people really don't react well to the period delay pills and get tummy upsets and bad skin - not what you want on your wedding day, so best to check they work for you beforehand!

• Laura
    Dedicated July 2023 Cambridgeshire
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    I am in the same position as you, due to start on my wedding day and I am very regular (didn't even think about it until it was all booked). I don't want to go on the pill and am wary of trying other chemical stuff, so I'm going to try and really focus on natural ways of managing my PMT and bad skin in the months leading up to the wedding - drinking lots of water, moderating alcohol and sugar, exercising. I'm hoping I can minimise the effects that way. If I do come on that day, my first day isn't very heavy and I'm not usually as moody as before I start, plus I'll be coming off when I go on honeymoon, so trying to count my silver linings! I've also warned my fiancé I'll need help to keep sources of stress as few as possible in the week before the wedding, and I'll be telling my mum and bridal party too! Teamwork!
    Best of luck x
  • Faye
    Faye ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    God tip! Thanks!
  • Faye
    Faye ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Bless you! That is very good advice! You sound like you have dotted all the Ts and crossed all the I to be on same side
    Good luck to you too
  • J
    Beginner April 2024 Greater Manchester
    Jen ·
    • Hide content
    Hi, you can go to the doctors and explain your situation and there are some tablets which they can prescribe (norethisterone) which delays your period for 3-4 days. I think you can also purchase them online from places like boots.
  • Faye
    Faye ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I really were not aware of these till I submitted this post!
  • Kirsty
    Beginner August 2024 East London
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    I take Norethisterone tablets to delay my period for up to 10 days when I have something coming up.
  • N
    Beginner September 2023
    nutty_tart ·
    • Hide content
    Tablets are best option....I've used them when I've been on holiday perfect for a short fix xx
  • Tammy
    Beginner March 2023 Staffordshire
    Tammy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Are these contraception or just delayers? My partner and i are trying for a baby so I don't want contraception but would be good to have a delayer as back up if needed xx
  • Kirsty
    Beginner August 2024 East London
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They just delay.
  • Tammy
    Beginner March 2023 Staffordshire
    Tammy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you very much xx
  • S
    Beginner December 2022 St George's
    Shanell ·
    • Hide content
    Same with me. I'm just being conscious of all the things to reduce the PMS symptoms. Less sugar, carbs. More water and exercising. I use a menstrual cup so I'm not worried about leaking or anything. It's my first day so it's not heavy. Once I take a pain killer to stop the cramps and I can go about my day as normal.
  • Nataliegoodall
    Beginner August 2024 East Central London
    Nataliegoodall ·
    • Hide content
    Same as others have already said, norethisterone works wonders. However it makes me feel a bit irritable. So maybe pre warn your closest that you might accidentally bite their head off! Lol xx
  • F
    Beginner October 2023 West Yorkshire
    Faye ·
    • Hide content

I use the Salt brand (so comfy) and I’ve found it life changing. You can wear it up to 12 hours without any issues, personally I empty mine more often. You could also wear period knickers with your cup for your peace of mine
  • V
    Curious April 2019 New York
    Viki ·
    • Hide content

That's so sad to hear honestly. I can't imagine how upset you are Smiley sad

• K
    Curious April 2023 Lancashire
    Kim ·
    • Hide content
    Just thought but has anyone tried bribing their period on so that it’s early rather than delaying? I have the same problem but getting married abroad and away for 2 weeks. I would rather have my period before I go. Would the morning after pill taken a week before suffice?
  • C
    Beginner November 1980
    CharlesHaw ·
    • Hide content
    Спасибо за пост
  • Samantha
    Beginner July 2024 Shropshire
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The doctors surgery should do something like this also as I suffer terribly with mine and I was stressing about it happening to me so looking into this also.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics