Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Justkeepswimming
Beginner July 2016

Personal/funny cake toppers

Justkeepswimming, 2 of February of 2016 at 19:38 Posted on Planning 0 14

Anyone having these and if so where are you getting them from and how much? I'd love to get a little bride and groom that reflect our personalities but they are surprisingly hard to find. Have looked in ETSY and EBAY and there are a few but their either not that great or cost £100! Maybe I'm just being unrealistic and what I want just isn't out there,

14 replies

Latest activity by lavenderblue , 6 of February of 2016 at 08:22
  • Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

We're using funko pop vinyl figures. I'm represented by katniss (in a wedding dress obv) and h2b is thinking aqua man because he kind of looks like him and he's my hero Smiley smile

£10 a figure but they're really cool Smiley smile

• H
    Beginner March 2016
    Hedgemog ·
    • Hide content

We're planning an informal bbq type get together in the summer but I've bought one of these from eBay, well I've bought two as we have two cats. I love how simple it is and it suits us perfectly.

My friend had Lego figures on hers, to match Lego figure table plans.

Have you tried looking for local craft people on somewhere like Facebook? I know of a lady near us does bits like salt dough toppers but only advertises in the co-op window.

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

We had a Mr and Mrs Giraffe cake topper. I am absolutely obsessed with giraffes, I have been for years, and I wanted something a bit different. It set me back £70.00 including special delivery, but it was made especially for me and it is clay so will keep forever, some I looked at were fondant. I used Artful Cake Toppers, a lady called Jackie, and she was wonderful.

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

I can't flash from my phone but we have a pug so we're having a little bride and groom pug pair as our cake toppers. They are actually a salt and pepper set!

I think they might be on my planning flash in my signature.

• Beckcible
    Beginner August 2016
    Beckcible ·
    • Hide content

I'm having my baker recreate these but both with brown hair Smiley smile

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

This is mine, my OH is a software engineer so always on the laptop, it just sums us up. I got it from ebay but it was the american ebay.

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

Because Lego.

I think my OH got it from Amazon.

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

We have had wooden cake toppers made that look like our cats. We sent the lady pictures and she replicated them perfectly. Found her on Etsy she was called Peg It Dolls. They cost just £20 including postage. The girl cat has a veil on and the boy cat has a bow tie Smiley smile

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Pegitdolls?page=2

• S
    Beginner October 2015
    Stephie ·
    • Hide content

We had these mice made from a lady on facebook called Pearlina Cupid Mouse. She made their outfits to match ours on the day, and matched the flowers too. I loved them. £35 and she only charges once you are completely happy with the design

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    LauraLtobe ·
    • Hide content

I plan on using www.loveontop.co.uk and they do personalised wooden figures. I used to see her on here but haven't for a while but it sounds like what you're looking for - £45 a pair.

They have animals too but the OH won't let me have our cats on our cake!

• GiraffeBride
    Beginner May 2018
    GiraffeBride ·
    • Hide content

SunnyPinkConfetti your toppers are amazing!! Ill definitely be looking at those- as you can tell by my name I'm a giraffe fan too! My OH's favourite animal is a pig so I want to get a pig groom to go with my giraffe bride!! Smiley smile

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all so much for your ideas and pictures! They are all so cute! Xx

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all so much for your ideas and pictures! They are all so cute! Xx

• S
    Beginner April 2016
    samwillow ·
    • Hide content

Yaa,, my idea has been posted.

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    lavenderblue ·
    • Hide content

I'm very lucky in that my FSIL has a clay craft business and she's making us a personalised topper complete with the actual wedding dress and kilt as well as a clay model of our cat to be part of the topper too Smiley smile I'm on the fence about whether we should be holding lightsabers (it's going to be a Star Wars wedding cake!) but she's open to any ideas.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics