Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner June 2012

personalised bookmarks

adiesummer2012, 30 of January of 2012 at 22:56 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi HIBs and Hitchers,

For our place names and also favours we're looking to do bookmarks with each person's name on. Does anyone have any recommendations for me or are there any HIBs who do something like this? We're on a bit of a budget and have 180+ guests...

TIA!

7 replies

Latest activity by kmdesign@tesco.net, 1 of February of 2012 at 19:16
  • S
    Beginner September 2012
    sophiaamay ·
    • Hide content

What a lovely idea!

We are having favours that double up as place names... Smiley smile

Have you looked on the wonderful world of ebay? You would be surprised about the things that you can find on there.

When are you getting married?

Sophie x

• A
    Beginner June 2012
    adiesummer2012 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Sophie! We're having books with flowers in teacups on top as our centrepieces and giving one to each guest or couple - so thought the bookmark idea would tie in nicely! Will check ebay, thanks - getting married 23rd June x

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hi

If you are looking for bookmarks made out of card I can certainly help you there.

Please do get in touch if you'd like to discuss it.

Nat

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

If you are thinking of material type bookmarks do you know any friends/relatives handy with a sewing machine they can use an emboirdery type setting to stitch the names on the bookmarks? I did a cross-stitched bookmark at school, but at my pace, would take about 10yrs to make 180 of them!

If you had leather bookmarks you can heat up metal stamping letters and brand peoples names on the leather.

Dont know anyone that does this though, sorry.

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Engraved-Heart-Bookmark-Polished-Chrome-Personalised-Gift-Valentines-Present-/160683906177?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item256981d481

• Flawless Weddings
    Flawless Weddings ·
    • Hide content

Hi there

Find some really nice A4 size card and some plain A5 card in a co-ordinating colour. Cut into strips to the width of a bookmark and plce the plain card on top of the patterned(so it foms a border of patterned around the plain) Use a hole punch to punch a hole at one end and buy some small tassels on ebay to thread through the hole. Then you could write their name in (your bestest handwriting) down the bookmark and finish off with 3 small flatbacked diamontes in a line along the bottom,horizontally or vertically. Use doublesided tape from craft shops to stick the card together and silicone or pva for the diamontes.

Very simple but classy x

• A
    Beginner June 2012
    adiesummer2012 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all - some great ideas there!

• K
    kmdesign@tesco.net ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Here are a few of our designs. Our bookmarks are designed to match your colour scheme and theme. Please get in touch if you would like some more details.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics