Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2016

Personalised Bride Hanger

MrsLBtoB, 19 of January of 2016 at 12:18 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi All

Maybe a slightly random question but I've seen on a lot of wedding reports/flashes that some brides have had a special hanger for their wedding dress that either says "Bride" or "Mrs XXX"

I like the ones that have the wire along the bottom (pic below from ebay).

They seem to be very expensive though, circa £15 each! Has anyone got one or know where to get them a little bit cheaper?

As always, thank you all!!

6 replies

Latest activity by MrsLBtoB, 19 of January of 2016 at 14:55
  • Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

I was given mine as a present, I think she got it from etsy or not on the highstreet. I don't think you will find them much cheaper but you could try making your own? It wasn't something I had really thought about but I was really chuffed with mine

• S
    Beginner September 2017
    Sorbet ·
    • Hide content

Ive seen them on etsy but like you thought they where very expensive for a coat hanger, I instead got a pack of heart shaped coat hangers from a local shop so me and the bridesmaids can have matching one in the pictures

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the tip!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

My oh did mine after a tip from another poster. Not the wire obviously (he's not that talented). He used a wooden coat hanger and ordered ready made stickers from eBay for less than 2.00 it said Mrs x across the top and the date on one arm and Lapland on the other. I then got a child's bobble with flowers on and wrapped it around the top. Really pretty and cost nothing. If you don't have a wooden hanger they are cheap in places like Wilkinson etc. You decide what words you want 're decals so can have bridesmaid etc and names and date at top whatever you want. Just make sure you get hangers with the notches or dresses can fall off and plan where sticker will go so it shows when the dresses are on.

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsLBtoB ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the tips everyone Smiley smile

I might have a look to see if i can do them myself!? Wow this could be interesting.....

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsLBtoB ·
    • Hide content

If anyone wants to try and make their own i've found this link with step by step instructions!

Looks do-able! Although ask me another time and I'll maybe tell you differently.....

http://shellchris.weebly.com/custom-hangers.html

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics