Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Beginner April 2013

Personalised clay cake toppers - flash me yours!!

Vintage84, 4 of April of 2012 at 18:48 Posted on Planning 0 17

Hello Ladies!! The more I think about it the more I'd love to get a personalised cake topper & I'd prefer one that will last forever so we can pop it on the bookcase after the big day is all over. We're very lucky that we have a good friend who will be making the cake for us as our wedding present so I feel I can spend a bit on a nice topper!! So ladies....flash me your toppers!!!! *tee hee*

17 replies

Latest activity by MissCouture, 11 of February of 2014 at 11:16
  • N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

Ooh I'd like one of these too, where are you getting yours from? If you've found somewhere already?? We're actually having a cluster of sugar roses on top of our cake but I'm wondering if I can somehow incorporate some toppers onto a mini stand of cupcakes we're having ?

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

Mine will have the look of this one, although this is just an example for the seller as ours isn't made yet but will obviously match our colours, outfits, features etc

IMO this was the best 'looking' one that I found, absolutely love it just can't wait to see 'us'!!

• skyrocket
    Beginner July 2012
    skyrocket ·
    • Hide content

Did you have anything specific in mind?

If you look at the website in my link you can see some of the ones I've made.

• V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

@ xMissyLoux aaw wow, they look fab!! Are they clay? @Skyrocket I'd want me (in a close version of my dress) my OH and our husky : )

• skyrocket
    Beginner July 2012
    skyrocket ·
    • Hide content

Well have a peek at my website so you can see the styles I do.

If you are interested you can get in touch via my website Smiley smile

www.wix.com/littlegreenpea101/skyrocket-caketoppers

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Can I advise anyone getting toppers to book well in advance & get a recommendation from someone. Also, please avoid the wedding topper workshop.

Maybe mine were just a one off bad make, but they were awful. Poorly cut clay, uneven breasts, finger prints all over the clay, one arm covered in brown clay bits, green/brown flower bouquet (instead of white & pink!), specks of brown clay on the face & I could go on.

I dont have any nice pics of them I'm afraid.

• J
    Beginner July 2013
    jaxxs ·
    • Hide content

Skyrocket-not sure if u r aware but your site needs flash player to open Smiley sad ppl with iPad or iPhones can't view. Will try and look tomorrow at work sneakily! Lol

• V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

Teal, I really appreciate the warning! I want to make sure I go with someone who's got good reviews, and not just the "thank you's" they post on their own page. Skyrocket, I'll have to have a look tomorrow, my computer is undergoing a major scan after OH found out it had a virus and my phone won't load your site. Thank you xxxx

• skyrocket
    Beginner July 2012
    skyrocket ·
    • Hide content

If you can't any joy at work then email me: *****************@*****.**.** and I will email you some pics Vintage Smiley smile

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

Ours are from myminiyou. They aren't finished yet but we have had some drafts sent to us and they are great so far:

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

Yes Vintage it's clay! From a lady on eBay, her feedback is really good! And you're def thinking about it at the right time as she books in advance and I nearly missed out on mine and was absolutely gutted!

Like I said these are the best 'looking' cake toppers I've seen for my taste and as you've still got a while you could probably get a bargain by watching the ones she puts on for bidding. Could get it for as little as £25.99 plus P+P, a couple of others bid on mine so I paid £30.99 plus P+P but buy it now is usually £65 plus p+p! As much as I love this topper and think it's worth it my budget just wouldn't stretch to £65!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/2010tme1/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Here's the link btw x

• NYE2012SparklyBride
    Beginner December 2012
    NYE2012SparklyBride ·
    • Hide content

I haven't ordered one yet but I love the look of these embracing Smiley smile Plus you can have pets etc added and only £45 at the mo Smiley smile

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330713101606?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2661#ht_6892wt_1185

• R
    Beginner July 2009
    raychull ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I make personalised cake toppers for weddings check them out on www.MakeMeMini.co.uk!

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

I'll be getting mine from Mrs C (a fellow hitcher) https://www.facebook.com/urbanfairyuk

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

Are all clay toppers made in a cartoonist style ??? or can they made with more of a likeness to persons or items ??

• BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too hers are so beautiful and the details she puts in is so pretty and amazing. I'm ordering the little keyrings she makes too for my bridesmaids. I am so excited to see them.

Vintage84- do have a look at Mrs c's page and even pop her an email. She is soo helpful. x

• BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No not all in cartoon style the mini ones aren't in cartoon style which some one posted on here and there is another company who are very expensive indeed but they look like little people. google them x Mrs c's look real too she even does them without faces so they don't look cartoony. (sp? sorry)

• M
    Beginner September 2012
    MissCouture ·
    • Hide content

Making your own topper is the best thing to do, it's personal. I still display mine in my lounge and I love it x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics