Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner April 2013

Personalised dressing gowns/hoodies etc

aimzxx, 21 December, 2012 at 13:25 Posted on Planning 0 18

Hey :-)

I hope you are well for the build up to Christmas!

Just wondered what OMs and brides2b are doing for any personalised bits?

I'd quite fancy a Mrs 2 B dressing gown for getting ready and an either "just married" or something similar hoodie for the morning for breakfast with everyone...

But then I was also thinking of getting my Bridesmaids dressing gowns or hoodies with "Bridesmaid/maid of Honour" type thing...

Is this a really silly idea? It's the one time you can indulge in a little silly stick on action...Isn't it ;-)

Thanks in advance,

x

18 replies

Latest activity by LoveSka, 25 December, 2012 at 19:11
  • rachd03
    Beginner May 2014
    rachd03 ·
    • Hide content

I am with you on this one! I think its a lovely idea as a present for the BM's/MOH and will look great in the 'getting ready' photos. And i definately want one for myself along with a just married for the next day and honeymoon. Like you say, its the one time you get to go all out.

Ill let you know if I find a decent supplier Smiley smile x

• A
    Beginner April 2013
    aimzxx ·
    • Hide content

Would you say dressing gowns or hoodies for the BMs?

x

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Things like this are really common, so definitely don't feel like it's a silly idea ?

I'd say that more brides had personalised bits and pieces this year than those who didn't actually. Even had a few grooms in on the action too with personalised socks and pants!

If it's something you'd like to do, why not. You can do it fairly cheaply yourself if cost is something you're worried about.

As you say, it can also make for some fun photos in the morning too!

• Rosco298
    Beginner February 2014
    Rosco298 ·
    • Hide content

I really like this idea too. I think I will go for zip-up tops or shirts so they can be worn to the hairdressers and taking them off wont ruin the girls hair styles which a pull on hoddie might. I've seen some 'mens' shirts with embroidery on the pocket which looked quite nice but I don't know about prices etc.

• rachd03
    Beginner May 2014
    rachd03 ·
    • Hide content

Think i will go for hoodies for the BMs as they dont tend to wear dressing gowns normally and it will be nice as something they can wear in future. Although Im not sure how easy they will be to wear in the getting ready process, maybe hoodies with zips ? x

• S
    Beginner September 2013
    Snc12 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had never thought about the 'over the head' thing when i was looking for these recently!! Will now start looking for zip up tops! Smiley smile

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

I found this, I don't know if it's helpful or not?

https://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-accessories/bristol/mrs-smith-designs-personalised-keepsake-clothing_19506.htm

• A
    Beginner April 2013
    aimzxx ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone....

Glad I'm not the only one wanting these :-)....

Zip up hoods are a great idea...Maybe get them from Primark then iron on the writing?

x

• rachd03
    Beginner May 2014
    rachd03 ·
    • Hide content

Im thinking of Primark hoodies and getting the names put on in diamantes for a bit of added sparkle x

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

It's not something I would have wanted at all. Simply not to my taste, I'm afraid and I can't see the point of a special "getting ready dressing gown", but I realise that some people like them. As reagrds looking good in the photos, aren't they a bit done to death now?

Should I ever be in the position of being asked to wear such a thing, i would probably refuse!

However, plain ones in your wedding colours might look nice - bridesmaids change from hoodies to posh frocks all in the same colour...?

• snow-woman
    Beginner April 2013
    snow-woman ·
    • Hide content

It isn't something I'd thought of getting for my wedding but that being said, my current dressing gown is still my "bridesmaid" dressing gown that I got at my best mate's wedding 3 years ago! I've even worn it to school as part of our bed time stories day in World Book Week!

I don't think I'd have worn a hoodie again tho because I'd have been a bit embarrassed whereas there's only me and OH (a groomsman at said wedding!) that see the dressing gown (and a class of 3 yr olds who can't read!)

Not sure that's much help tho!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

If it were me I would go for dressing gowns? I personally wouldn't wear a hoodie that said 'bridesmaid' on it after the wedding, a dressing gown I would have much more use for.

• M
    Marysmsmt ·
    • Hide content

I LOVE the idea of hoodies and if I was having BMs i'd sooooo do it! I really like personalised stuff. I'd agree with mini though, maybe personalise them with their names rather than Bridesmaids so they can wear them again and again- get them in your wedding colours!! Smiley smile x

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

When I was BM for my bestie, she bought us thin, white cotton dressing gowns and then ironed on 'Bridesmaid' on the back. I've flashed the other BM wearing it, although not the best pic!

I wear it all the time at home in the summer as it's really light unlike other dressing gowns.

• A
    Beginner April 2013
    aimzxx ·
    • Hide content

Morning!

Thank you all for your replies - been away this weekend so not been on...

i think i'm going for dressing gowns in white for me and black for the BM's (the Next sale has some!)

Either these or ONESIES!!!! HAHA! XX

• A
    Beginner April 2013
    aimzxx ·
    • Hide content

Like these :-)

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Yesterdays bride had a personalised onsie. I loved it ?

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

I got

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics