Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2012

Personalised gift for daughter - flowergirl. Opinions...

LeicesterBride, 14 March, 2012 at 15:23 Posted on Planning 0 7

Right, I'd like to go for something personal that symbolises the marriage as the making of a family.

I'm pretty much decided on a necklace with little charms with each of our initials on. But do I put the initial for my name, or a 'm' for mummy? She'll be almost 4 on the day, but it's kind of a keepsake. I realise I'll always be her mum ? but what are your views? OH isn't their father so it's not an issue there.

Any views, please?

Also, we've decided to get an iPod for my son, and have it engraved. But what should it say? If daughter's necklace has initials, would our initial punctuated with full stops, plus the date, be ok? I don't want it to be embarassing or slushy, but do want it to symbolise the marriage as the making of the family (as I already stated?) .

Thank you

LB x

7 replies

Latest activity by 2b_MrsB, 14 March, 2012 at 23:08
  • *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

When you're married, will you all have the same name? If so maybe something cool but simple like 'The Smiths' Or do you have a nickname for him? (For example, I have always been known as Baby Bear #1, my sister is Baby Bear #2 and Mum is Mumma Bear, we normaly sign texts and emails BB#1, BB#2 or MB. We are daft I know.). Or if not just your four initials separated with a full stop would be nice.

For your daughter, I would use your name. Does she call your partner Dad? Because if not you don't want an 'M' for Mummy but no 'D' for daddy. Perhaps best to use your actual initials. I'd get her a charm bracelet, not a pandora or a links of london as they will probably be dated in 14 years time when she wants to start wearing it. Just a simple, no brand, charm bracelet, with the four charms on, and maybe an extra one to say thanks for being a bridesmaid (a princess maybe). Then encourage her to add to it for birthdays and milestones during her life.

• L
    Beginner September 2012
    LeicesterBride ·
    • Hide content

No, we won't have the same surname so that won't work. Nor do we have nicknames...Looks like initials it is!

As for duaghter, I agree that the who Pandora thing will have had it's day (I'm not a fan anyway) so thought a necklace with little discs, or bracelet with little discs would be the sort of thing.

And you're right, she won't be calling OH 'dad' so if using his name, ought to use my name. Logical really, I just hadn't thought it through like that ?

Thank you x

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

Another thought, will your four initials spell anything? Preferably something cool? I only ask because I've just realised my family's initials spell BAGS ha! But my parents are divorced so it won't be going on any charm bracelets!

It could be a 'thing' that you as a family know what it means, but to everyone else is just a random word. I've also just worked out, if me and OH have a boy and a girl AND call them our current chosen names we can be called SEAT (however, this probably won't go to plan and so we won't have a cool family word).

• L
    Beginner September 2012
    LeicesterBride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's not a terrible idea at all. I hadn't thought of that. Initial don't spell anything cool or with meaning...but we could make it work.

Hmmm, worth thinking about

Kx

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

I'm considering getting both my girls lockets that will contain photos of us all as gifts, think they will make lovely keepsakes. Something like this will still symbolise your families unity but can be worn anytime.

Regards

L x

• L
    Beginner September 2012
    LeicesterBride ·
    • Hide content

I like this idea - but haven't seen lockets for years, and not sure how you go about getting a pic so small..?! How silly of me not to know that ?.

Any ideas where you're getting them from?

• S
    SarahThompson ·
    • Hide content

Loving these ideas, not seen many lockets though.

Have you thought about something like a personalised Yoyo? at 4 she would probably enjoy "playing" with it (if you allowed that) and it could be engraved with the wedding date and your names? It is something that we stock Smiley smile. Other female gifts we do for weddings include engraved mirror compacts which obviously at 4 she would be way too young for but may appriciate when she is older?

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Most high street jewellers stock lockets, infact argos has a good range.

Admittedly, I hadn't thought about the photos until your post, but my aunt got my cousin one for her 21st not so long ago so I'll ask her about it.

L x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics