Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner July 2013

Personalised Jute Bags

LouLaBellexx, 6 of March of 2012 at 21:58 Posted on Planning 0 27

Any recommendations on anyone who makes personalised Jute bags? Looking to get one done with a bride on and also for bridesmaids

xx

27 replies

Latest activity by cinnamonfairy, 3 of December of 2012 at 15:33
  • SoontobeMahoney
    Beginner August 2013
    SoontobeMahoney ·
    • Hide content

How about the ones that all the TOWIE (The only way is essex) girls have?

Googled it and found this article ......http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/stars-Way-Essex-helped-turn-Claire-Barratt-s-bags/story-15341390-detail/story.html

• Y
    Beginner April 2012
    YeahYeahYeah ·
    • Hide content

Theres loads on ebay with good feedback. Im making my own if all goes to plan, I have the stuff, just need the time to do them.....

• L
    Beginner July 2013
    LouLaBellexx ·
    • Hide content

Where did you get the bags from? x

• L
    Beginner April 2013
    laura9889 ·
    • Hide content

On of the girls on here made her own and they were amazing she posted a picture and I think she is selling the I think it was kandence ?

• Kadence
    Beginner September 2012
    Kadence ·
    • Hide content

It was moi! I was thinking about selling these but when I thought about it I probably don't have the time and don't want to get my wrists slapped from hitched for not being a registered business! But I will give you any tips if that helps at all? I purchased the jute bags from ebay, and found that regular poster paints worked the best after I sketched the design on in pencil. I just sprayed them with a fixing agent. Heres the ebay link if you're interested...

• L
    Beginner July 2013
    LouLaBellexx ·
    • Hide content

Kadence Ive emailed u xx

• I
    Beginner May 2013
    ilovejay ·
    • Hide content

Theres a web site called toxic fox that makes the bags just like kadence's and lots of other gifts

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Kadence that bag is amazing! You've got some very lucky bridesmaids.

• Y
    Beginner April 2012
    YeahYeahYeah ·
    • Hide content

Finally got around to doing mine! Can I just ask though, Kaydence, what did you set them with afterwards? I've done the sketches and will be painting them once the little people are in bed but not sure what you used to make sure it doesn't come off! ?

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

You can get images printed on little jute bags at Tesco. In fact, I did this for a hen party a couple of years ago.

• Kadence
    Beginner September 2012
    Kadence ·
    • Hide content

YeahYeahYeah it was a kind of quick fix spray glue! My step dad gave it to me and it seems to have done the job, not sure how they would last in the rain though! You going to give us a flash??

• L
    Beginner July 2013
    LouLaBellexx ·
    • Hide content

YeahYeahYeah you must show us your one :-) I might give making one a go xx

• Y
    Beginner April 2012
    YeahYeahYeah ·
    • Hide content

I finished mine!! I will flash one tomorrow as I gave 2 of my nieces theirs yesterday and the pic of the remaining one is on my phone. I loved doing them. I bought 5 bags so have 2 left for myself and can't wait to do them!

Mine were very glittery and so much fun!! They were quite hard to do though. I am THE most uncreative person on the planet and cannot draw for toffee but quite pleased with my drawings but I could not see the lines close up once the pencil was on the bag iykwim?? I had to stand back and remember where the lines were before painting. I also could not do the lovely paint swirls that they all seem to have on google images as the bags were sooo rough. Also took ages as I used A LOT of glitter so needed to ensure each section was super dry before I did the next.

Kaydence- i got some glue spray for £2 in the works so I used that. it was more the glitter I was worried about as the paint seems pretty well stuck! I used a sharpie for the outlines which seemed to make a huge difference.

Will flash at some point tomorrow when I get a minute. I am going to do 2 for myself, one as a bride, i will have a super glittery dress and have bought mini flower embellishments for my bouquet! The other I think I will be a 36F size 6 model with a bikini on! hehe, can't wait to get started, think I have found a new hobby!

• Y
    Beginner April 2012
    YeahYeahYeah ·
    • Hide content

Meant to add costs if anyone is interested!

5 jute bags on fleabay- £12

glue spray £2

poster paint and fabric paints from pound shop £3

glitter from the works 2 packs £2

paint brushes £2

flowers £1

found some ribbons in my daughters bedroom so they were free!

Worked out less than £5 each!

• Kadence
    Beginner September 2012
    Kadence ·
    • Hide content

Ooh yes do give us a flash! I really enjoyed doing mine too, had a few requests but I just dont have the time as Im away a lot with my job - maybe you can help out some of the hitchers though! I think I'm going to make a big beach one for my honeymoon, obviously with a killer figure like you said! haha

• B
    Beginner March 2014
    babybl00 ·
    • Hide content

Edited

• Kadence
    Beginner September 2012
    Kadence ·
    • Hide content

WOW!! babybl00 that is fantastic! Can't believe you were doubting whether you could make one, it looks brill

• R
    Ruby2Shoes ·
    • Hide content

I think these bags are a fabulous idea for the bridal party! I am organising my sister's hen weekend and I was thinking of a bag with little goodies in them, these look perfect!! Are they quite easy to make? Did you use paint or marker pen for the outline? I am going to have a try over the weekend! Just need to know what to get!

After your weddings, you girlies should look into setting up shop! They are really good!

• Y
    Beginner April 2012
    YeahYeahYeah ·
    • Hide content

As promised, although a little late, one of my bags! I have another 2 cooking in the kitchen will flash when done. They are taking ages as I use a little bit of glitter(!) and it has to be bone dry before I move on as it sticks to the slightest bit of moisture. Im loving making them, about to order my 2nd lot of bags!

• Kadence
    Beginner September 2012
    Kadence ·
    • Hide content

Aww that looks fab! You must flash all of them as they are done!

• UnionJackDream
    Beginner March 2016
    UnionJackDream ·
    • Hide content

Kadence that bag is beautiful. I am thinking of making my own too but I am not very good at drawing did you use a stencil or just free hand it?

xxxx

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

My friend makes them and sells them on eBay, her id is carreddogsilver. She is very reasonable too, worth an e.mail.

• E
    Beginner June 2013
    Emotionalwreck2013 ·
    • Hide content

Aww I LOVE this idea! I would love to do this for my BM's but I am so uncreative its unreal. I am also very inpatient so I know ill get half way through one and give up. Are they really difficult to do?

Any tips?
  • G
    Gifted Sister ·
    • Hide content

I have a site which sells them very cheap and in lots of different styles and lots of different colours - just if anyone is interested

• Y
    yummymummywright ·
    • Hide content

We used fafalina bags on facebook!!!! amazing.have a look x

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

If you look on my facebook , Lemon Violet there is a link to a homemade items site that i have been recommended to by another colllegue.

Have a look

Lynne

• Y
    yummymummywright ·
    • Hide content

Ladies I make Jute bags for brides and Bridal parties you can contact me on facebook page fafalina bags for prices and also to see 100's of examples x

• cinnamonfairy
    Rockstar June 2020
    cinnamonfairy ·
    • Hide content

YummyMummyWright - Please register as a supplier before advertising.

See https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/150087.aspx for a list of advertising rules.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics