Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2014

Personalised jute bags for bridesmaids gifts...Help!

Miss B 2 be Mrs H, 19 of September of 2013 at 17:19 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi all!

Would really like your opinions... I really love the idea of getting one of those personalised jute bags for each of my bridesmaids and one for myself (of course!) for the morning of the wedding as part of their gift. Are there any websites that you suggest I use? Has anyone used Rubyzbags or Eliza Henri for example? I am a bit worried about the quality as on their websites some examples look better than others...

Plus, what design do you think best? One option is to show the 'dolls' on the bags to have dresses similar to their bridesmaids dresses and mine wearing a brides dress which I really like but I am not too sure if I/they would want to reuse the bag with that on? Do you think it would be better to have 'everyday clothes' so it would make using the bags after the wedding a bit more likely?

Thanks! ? x

3 replies

Latest activity by Icklefee, 19 of September of 2013 at 21:42
  • Pinkboo
    Beginner March 2014
    Pinkboo ·
    • Hide content

I'm not much use in re; to Jute bags, but, have you tried www.wtsy.com/uk they're the holy grail for any sort of bridesmaid gifts/personalized gifts Smiley smile I've been looking at some gorgeous hand made make up bags on there, and bracelets Smiley smile

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

I'll be getting those bags for my Mum and BM in morning but it'll be the personalised gift bags and not the material ones.

If it were me i'd probably re use the bag anyway as I love those bags and always use them for my shopping no matter what the design haha Smiley smile
    Plus it'd be a little reminder of being your BM's..i like that one best I think. If you think they won't use them though just go for an everyday design x

• B
    Beginner March 2014
    babybl00 ·
    • Hide content

I make these bags & if you are in any way arty they are easy to do. sharpies pens are perfect for writing the names and doing outlines. I mix acrylic paint with a setting agent for longevity as I'm selling them but for the bags I've made only for myself I use acrylics on their own & I haven't had issues with them fading/ bekng affected by rain etc. Gemtac glue is perfect if you want to add flat backed jewels (fairly expensive but you could buy a sample bottle for a small number of bags as you only need a little) & if you press glitter into the paint when you apply it they will bind (a fine glitter is best). I use a setting spray once done but a coat of cheap hairspray would do a similar job. You could make them yourself for less than £10 so worth thinking about. I've attached an example of my beach bag which was done without any emulsifiers & setting sprays (I don't want to waste those things on.myself). Also, I am not advertising as I'm too busy to take orders. Just wanted to give some help.

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

https://www.facebook.com/CLEVERDADDYUK?fref=ts

I've used this page a few times. They're fab Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics