Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SaSaSi
Beginner July 2012

Personalised M&M's??? Yes or No?

SaSaSi, 12 April, 2011 at 10:54 Posted on Planning 0 17

Thanks to the hitcher who posted about these (i cant mind who!) I now want them for our sweetie table in our flower colours (hot pink & lilac).

So yes £130 + postage & packaging is excessive but Im really into small touches like that for our wedding. I love the idea & any leftovers OH would certainly eat as he LOVES them,

So as a guest would you be like 'Aw how cool' or would you think 'tosser!'???

And if you like them, what would your 2 slogans be? Were thinkin xxxx & xxxx on one and then out date 2nd July 2011 on the other.

17 replies

Latest activity by Baroness, 12 April, 2011 at 13:53
  • Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

If I was a guest I would think they were cool, however, ? at the cost.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

you can spend your extra 500quid on them LM ?

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Haha - I can imagine my Nan&Grand's face when I try and explain what on earth they are!

• Dollyrockerz
    Beginner October 2011
    Dollyrockerz ·
    • Hide content

Definitely cool but I have to say, I'm not sure how many people would actually stop to look at what's written on it before shovelliong them into their mouths? (I know I wouldnt!)

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

I looked at them,it was one thing that my OH really wanted as both our initials are m&m. I worked it out as about £250 for 60 people but that might have been wrong,how many are you going for?

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

Found a £30 voucher valid till dec 2011,i think you have to spend £150 though

https://www.hitched.co.uk

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats for 2 x 1.5kg bags? I dont know how many that'll feed? I just thought it could fill one of our jars - weve got 6 gathererd up so far all ranging in size.

Im not doing them in the favour bags - were donating to charity instead.

I think I might just go for them.....

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I'd say no.

I was given several sample bags of these and they taste different to normal m&ms.

• H
    Beginner July 2011
    hjd1 ·
    • Hide content

We've got pink and white ones as our favours.....they are SO cool! It was so exciting to see our names on the m! just the smell of chocolate was awesome as we opened the box...needless to say i had one or two...four or five...before we put them into the favour boxes! tasted delicious!!!

• H
    Beginner July 2011
    hjd1 ·
    • Hide content

By the way we had two 1.5kg bags and we managed to do favours for 110 people.

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahh right,mine was for 60 organza bags,i do like them,being able to type in your message and see it makes me want them more.

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

Actually thanks very much for posting this,i have decided if i go for the wee normal bags and then use the voucher it will only be about £40 more expensive than the truffle favours i was going to do. I am going to keep it secret from my OH and surprise him on the day as it was one of the only things he showed much of an interest in lol.

• Jay-Low
    Beginner
    Jay-Low ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly WSS!

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think that will be a lovely surprise for your OH - and its particularly apt for you both.

Thank you for the voucher! Think im just gonna stick with the 2 1.5kg bags so i wont be able to use it but someone else might! x

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content

Just been having a look on the .com version of the website - they do international shipping, and you can have photos on the sweets, or order special wedding mix packs - and I think they're cheaper than getting them from over here!!

We're getting married in Canada, stopping off in NY on the way home and then having our party over here so I'm now very tempted to order some from the US site and get them delivered to our hotel in NY..........

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

My sister and her OH initials were M&M and they had them at each place setting. Most people just eat them without even looking at them, I think if they had wrappers on such as the personalised love hearts/chocolates the personalisation is more noticable.

If your OH loves them then I would go for it

• B
    Beginner
    Baroness ·
    • Hide content

I love them so much, but they are so expensive. I hope people look at them and love them, but they are so small!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics