Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner September 2014

Personalised pack of tissues...opinions please

Mrsbushelltobe, 27 of May of 2014 at 17:10 Posted on Planning 0 9

I've been thinking of getting personalised packs of tissues made up, and put on each chair for the ceremony. Cute or Cringey? Should i only bother with close family or the whole wedding party???

9 replies

Latest activity by Mrsbushelltobe, 27 of May of 2014 at 21:08
  • kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

Are you expecting EVERYONE to have a tear in their eye!? I'd only go for the main close family.....unless of course everyone is going to suffer from an attack of hayfever from your wedding flowers!

It is a lovely idea, but you don't want it to go unappreciated/left behind. I'm thinking of putting a bottle of water on each chair in case it is hot and people get thirsty. If I personalise the bottles it will be a home made label saying "warning, no gin included" or something to that effect.....

• M
    Beginner September 2014
    Mrsbushelltobe ·
    • Hide content

Yeah that's what i was thinking, i know i've been to weddings before and not shed a tear so i'm sure a lot of the men won't be needing them.

Thanks for the advice and love your idea about the bottled water, lable is very cute : )

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

I think it's a nice idea, but not really necessary in my personal opinion. I have seen some weddings where they have put a little tissue in the order of ceremony/day tied with ribbon on each seat, that way it would be much cheaper. I think a whole pack per person is a bit much.

And if anyone is like my nan, they will have a handbag full of them ready to give out haha!

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    SunnyOrangeConfetti79 ·
    • Hide content

How about a few packs in a basket near the entrance with a 'please help yourself' sign?

• M
    Beginner September 2014
    Mrsbushelltobe ·
    • Hide content

Oooh that's a good idea! That way I don't feel like I'm leaving people out and those that want them can help theirself. Brilliant, thank u!!!

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I think as the months go by you will see lots of little things to spend your money on! This is one I'd avoid for various reasons. However, if you really wanted to do something similar for your parents you could get them proper hankies with your wedding date etc embroidered on. I've seen a supplier on Facebook who does them.

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    AshleighS ·
    • Hide content

I was toying with the idea myself. Me and OH had discussed a pack for each chair and, like others have said, decided it'd be a waste of money as not everyone would use them.

Then we were deciding between a basket at the door or a few personalised hankies for the parents. In the end we decided with the basket as it was cheaper and it would be nice to include our grandparents, close relatives & any of our friends who'd like a keepsake Smiley smile

It really depends on your guests I think. I know that mine would really 'gush' over small touches like that!! Ha!

(Woo! 1st post)

• L
    Beginner September 2014
    loves-young-dream ·
    • Hide content

We have a really cute basket with these and confetti in for people to take as they enter the ceremony!

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

Hmmmm,

I usually cry at wedding ceremonies, and managed to set a fair few people off at our wedding a few days ago, BUT, I have to say that I think it's a bad idea to put tissues out on every chair.

It's a weird statement like "you SHOULD find this touching", "you SHOULD be so happy for us that you cry". A lot of people just won't, and you don't want to make them feel like they're in the wrong somehow!

I do however think that it's a nice touch to have a basket in the entrance-way. Then people like me who are notorious weepers (and arrive totally unprepared) can grab some. Plus the sentimental people who just want to take a packet away with them, can do.

• M
    Beginner September 2014
    Mrsbushelltobe ·
    • Hide content

I'm thinking the basket at the front is best idea, so only those that want them will take one, they're not a waste of money that way.

The confetti and tissues is a really good one too! Our venue only allows dried/fresh petals so at least if I hand it out I know people will have some! Ha

Yay on your first post! This is my first question I've posted and everyone's opinions have really helped me, thanks girlies : )

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics