Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

fizzpop
Beginner September 2012

Personalised sweets (seaside wedding)

fizzpop, 5 March, 2012 at 14:46 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi

I'm looking to sort my favours out this week, and as I am getting married by the seaside I was looking at sticks of rock where we could put our names through the middle. It's quite a small wedding so I only need 50-75 of these and the places I can find seem to come up quite expense and want bigger orders than 75. Has anyone done anything similar and would like to recommend a supplier to me? If I can't get these I was thinking some other sweet based thing perhaps love hearts, but with personalised labels. I'd love to know if anyone has done the same and where they got them from.

Alternatively tell me what you would like to receive as a favour for a laid back, vintage style seaside wedding! I'm thinking of getting some of the kids buckets and spades and our centre pieces are going to be the old windmill things you put on sandcastles. To keep them up right we will be standing them up in buckets full of sand! I'm starting to get excited!

Thanks

Sam

7 replies

Latest activity by Tray1980, 5 March, 2012 at 18:10
  • Taylory
    Beginner July 2014
    Taylory ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from ebay . I got 75 packs of normal love hears for £5 delivered x

• honeysparkle
    Beginner June 2012
    honeysparkle ·
    • Hide content

If you can't get rock made then how about just buying with the name of a special place and then having custom lables on/in them? I think I'd like rock from a seaside themed wedding or candyfloss but thats not practical lol x

• DarkMoomin
    Beginner June 2012
    DarkMoomin ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This! love the sound of your wedding!

• Jokaty82
    Beginner May 2012
    Jokaty82 ·
    • Hide content

I wanted this too, but its the way they make it, they have to make a high batch.

Instead I am ordering individual rock sweets from the Promotional Candy Company that say Wedding Day with a heart in the middle, we are putting them in retro pink striped sweet bags and tying with ribbon.

We are getting grey striped rock which is Cola flavoured and pink striped which is Strawberries and Cream. Think we are giving about 8/9 per guest xx

• fizzpop
    Beginner September 2012
    fizzpop ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your suggestions - I would love candy floss but I think it would be too messy! I think I will have to go with the rock from the traditional sweet shop on the beach and add personalised labels!

I like the wedding rock too, Jokaty - I might add a jar of these to the sweetie table at the reception venue. I just love sweet stuff!

• DarkMoomin
    Beginner June 2012
    DarkMoomin ·
    • Hide content

I *think* you can hire candyfloss carts - youknow the ones with the maching on where they m,ake it fresh... maybe thats an idea? a stick of rock and a token for candyfloss int he evening? I would LOVE that as a guest!

• gemchoo
    Beginner May 2012
    gemchoo ·
    • Hide content

What about 'mr & mrs' rock? there's a fair few suppliers on e bay and they seem pretty reasonable and available in many different colours too.

how about the old fashioned white chocolate fish and chips? or foam shrimps even? x

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.the-rock-shop.co.uk/shop/3/index.htm

http://www.cameo-favours.co.uk/wedding-favours/confectionery-sweets/rock-sweets/rock-sweets.html?gclid=CLSB-Yet0K4CFYImtAod01e9CA

http://www.therockpeople.co.uk/your-wedding.php

http://www.promotional-products.org/promo/sweets.html

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics