Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2017

Petal aisle runner? Opinions please!

Much_ado_about_weddings, 28 of March of 2016 at 11:21 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi Hitched Ladies,

I'd love your opinions please! I'm working my way through a to-do list of decisions and now I'm on ceremony decorations! I'm trying to decide on an aisle runner. My ceremony room comes with a red aisle runner but it's bright red and that won't go with my turquoise/coral colour scheme! I'd like to have something instead though but don't want to spend much. I'm probably going to have Turquoise seat bows so something that goes with them would be good.

I was thinking about getting a cheap thin white aisle runner from Amazon as a base, then scattering turquoise rose petals over it, maybe mixed with different shades of blue? But then I wondered if my long dress would sweep them all up and look stupid? should I glue each petal onto the runner? Would that work?

Or should I have a line of rose petals on each side of the aisle runner so I don't sweep them all up?

Or should I not have a base aisle runner, and just scatter some petals?

At first I was looking at personalised aisle runners but they seem really expensive (£80+) ... Or turquoise, but I couldn't find anything decent!

Any opinions of advice welcomed! What are you doing for your aisles?

Pictures (of ceremony room -the one with red carpet -and example aisles (but in my colours)).

PS sorry if the pictures are displayed weirdly... my first time putting pics on this forum!

4 replies

Latest activity by Mrsjones2024, 28 of March of 2016 at 16:30
  • A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

I'd either not have a runner or (if the petals are fake) glue them to the side of the base runner like in your second photo.

• D
    Beginner December 2016
    DB2016 ·
    • Hide content

I am having petals down either side so they don't get caught up with my shoes and dress as I walk down. The aisle runner in our room is ivory so I might leave that down too.

One thing I would say is to be careful of the cheaper eBay runners, the aisle runner at my friends venue was green??? So she bought a cheap one from eBay and as she walked down it all bunched up under her dress and caused her to stumble!

If the red doesn't match your theme maybe take it up and just have the petals with no runner, I've seen this at my venue and it actually still looks really nice. I'm swaying towards this instead as I am worried about it bunching up even though it's down all the time in the room...

• M
    Beginner July 2017
    Much_ado_about_weddings ·
    • Hide content

Excellent point, thanks - hadn't thought of that! Your poor friend! Maybe I'll not bother with the runner then (saves me money - hooray!) and just go crazy with the two lines of petals and maybe some candles/lanterns in that case!

• Charliebob
    Beginner May 2016
    Charliebob ·
    • Hide content

I bought a cheap aisle runner in ivory from Ebay for £20 and 2000 petals for £7 off ebay and I'm putting them either side. Sorted.

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

I have a red aisle carpet for our outdoor ceremony. I am having very pale pink and white petals down either side so that they don't clash with the red. Remember to ask your guests to go into their seats from the other end so as not to disrupt the petals! X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics