Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Petticoat help?!

12 of June of 2014 at 22:16 Posted on Planning 0 6

I bought my dress a couple of months ago, it's due in the shop next month. When I tried it on I didn't have a petticoat under it but I recently saw a picture of another bride wearing my dress with a petticoat under it and it looked really nice. I think.... I don't know now if I want to get one for my dress. I wouldn't want to just buy one I'd have to try it on, I don't even know how I go about making this decision! And then I was also wondering if I would have to get an expensive bridal one or could try and source a cheaper one somehow. I don't know how much they cost but I hadn't include it in the budget! I did love it as it was when I tried it on but I don't know if it just gives it a little something extra? Sorry if my post is a bit rambling my brain is rambling a bit on this topic!

6 replies

Latest activity by overtherainbow, 13 of June of 2014 at 06:24
  • donnyette
    Beginner December 2016
    donnyette ·
    • Hide content

Every bridal shop has an array of petticoats to try on with all styles of dresses. Arrange a try on when your dress comes in and ask for a petticoat to try with it. If you dont want to buy one, most bridal shops hire them out for around a standard £25 x

• T
    Beginner August 2014
    these_days ·
    • Hide content

I bought a petticoat from Ebay which was a fiver and came from China. I thought for £5 it was worth a gamble and it's actually great....does the job brilliantly!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I got our daughter one from a bridal shop - a double hoop one - for £45. They did hire them out for the weekend at £25 but they looked a bit grubby and well worn so for the extra, we decided that it was worth it as she didn't want to be showing a grubby petticoat when she lifted her dress up to walk down the stairs. The petticoats make it much easier to walk in, especially the double ones.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics