Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bookish
Beginner August 2014

Petticoat length for LouLou tea dress?

Bookish, 27 of June of 2013 at 20:54 Posted on Planning 0 4

I'm thinking of getting a petticoat, perhaps a coloured one, to wear at the evening reception. Has anyone bought a petticoat for a LouLou tea length dress and if so what length did you get? I'm not having the length of the dress altered, it's the 'standard' length that it comes in if that helps.

Thanks Smiley smile

4 replies

Latest activity by Bookish, 29 of June of 2013 at 00:13
  • *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Are you able to try it all on together? Not much help I am afraid because all of the petticoats under my tea length were sewn in.

Have you got a flash of the dress and the measurements? Perhaps someone with dressmaking knowledge can help?

• Bookish
    Beginner August 2014
    Bookish ·
    • Hide content

This is the dress, I'll have to flash one of me wearing it when I get home.

I'm 5"9 and the dress is about the same length on me as the one in the pic. Again I can give more accurate 'guesstimates' when I get home. The dress already has a bit of apetticoat but I don't know if I want more 'oomph' for the evening. The one I tried on in the shop isn't as 'poofy' as the one in the photo. The woman at the shop said they can put more layers in but I'm wondering if a 'separate' one would be feasible. They could source me one at the bridal shop but I'd end up paying well over the odds.

My actual dress doesn't arrive for another six months Smiley sad

• A
    Beginner December 2012
    Angel Wings ·
    • Hide content

Hi VintageBride84

I had a standard LouLou petticoat made from x4 layers of the chosen colour I wanted I don't know the length though , but I'm only 5 foot and that came to my mid calf

By the way love your dress .?

• M
    marmaladejar ·
    • Hide content

If you look at prom dresses on the LouLou website they do coloured petticoats to mix and match - they'd probably be the right length - worth a look.

• Bookish
    Beginner August 2014
    Bookish ·
    • Hide content

AngelWings I love your dress!

Thanks MarmaladeJar. I'll have a gander.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics