Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner March 2013

Petticoat or not?

mrslewtobe, 5 February, 2013 at 19:18 Posted on Planning 0 2

I'm getting married at the end of March and have bought the dress below from House of Fraser in their sale (£70!). We are having a small wedding in a registry office with immediate family and then a village hall (self-catered) later in for the afternoon/evening for up to 100. What are people's thoughts on petticoats? Would it look better with one? If so, how many layers? If it helps you to decide I'm about 5'7 and a size 10 (just - my 'norks' - that's the right Hitched term isn't it?!- can just squeeze into this in a 10 lol!). Thanks for your help?. Sorry for the picture - how the heck do you get it in the box (ahem!)?? It's here: http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Ariella+Lace+shift+ottoman+short+dress/D265503,default,pd.html

ETA - how do you put a picture in???

2 replies

Latest activity by mrslewtobe, 6 February, 2013 at 19:26
  • Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I LOVE the dress, what a bargain! I got mine online for £72 too!

I think a petticoat depends on what style you want. Perhaps if you wanted a bit of a theme, like a 50's style, then a big petticoat would look fab, but if not leave it as it is. I think it would look great either way. Although a petticoat may balance out your 'norks'!

Also...click on the little picture in the tool bar that looks like a film strip, then upload. Or you can copy and paste from the internet.

• Nicky Hewitt Designs
    Beginner May 2012
    Nicky Hewitt Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hmm, it's hard to tell from the website picture but I'm not sure you'll fit much petticoat underneath that skirt. Although it's described as a full skirt, it doesn't appear to be a 'full circle' skirt and doesn't look very full? It's a gorgeous dress and I think it'd look lovely as it is.

If you want a petticoat I think you'd need to try it to see if it fits/ how it looks. I wore a 2 layer handmade net petticoat with mine which would be way too big for this dress. The only thing I can suggest is a chiffon petti instead of net as the one I have has much less volume and they aren't stiff.

Nicky x

• M
    Beginner March 2013
    mrslewtobe ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the advice you two?. There's no theme as such. I think I'll likely wear it without but if I can buy a thin petticoat that I can return then I may try it and see. Since it's March, I also have a pale blue cashmere ballet-style cardigan - does this make a difference as to petticoat or not? Thanks also for the picture tips - I tried copying and pasting but somehow the picture was not in the correct place!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics