Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Elixia
Beginner March 2014

pew ends DIY ideas.

Elixia, 16 April, 2013 at 09:40 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hello,

I need some ideas here, For decorating the chairs in the abode. heres what they look like (sorry cant find a better photo)

its the ones without the arms. They've redecorated this room too (which i'm a little happy/sad about) to cream walls and ceiling and hard wood floor.

Now as a kick off, I do not want chair covers and if i can avoid them, sashes. I just dont like them. the way it was decorated like this photo the chairs seemed fine ... but now with the new decor I'm unsure about it. The cost of chair covers isn't an issue since I can grab them at cost value BUT they're time consuming to put on and I find them but ugly.

I have seen these I quite like;

but how could I attach these?

4 replies

Latest activity by Elixia, 16 April, 2013 at 10:39
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

It's a bit difficult to see the tops of the chairs but do the legs go all the way up the side with a small bit at the top that you could tie something on with ribbon? It there isn't anything at the side/top of the chair then probably the only way to attach something would be to tie onto the tubular bit at the side in which case, I'm not sure if your hearts would get damaged when people sit down. The only other way I can think of attaching something to them would be a ribbon around the back of the chair and have a heart attached to the backs. I like the chairs as they are as they look quite retro - are you having anything on the tables?

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

There aren't any tables in this room except the table for the registrar. The chairs for the reception are completely different:

so no need to cover these at all. On these tables I'm having something like this as a centre piece:

Going back to the the ceremony room chairs thou, the metal legs go under the seat out of sight, the seat itself is a bend faux leather form with no handles or grip. I thought about using a hook over the top of the chair to hold a decoration in place but it might scratch the chair ...

• Dream Wedding Video
    Dream Wedding Video ·
    • Hide content

Hi There

Here are a few ideas. Have a look at pinterest http://pinterest.com/lcoombes03/diy-church-wedding-decorations/ also https://www.etsy.com/ happy planning Laura xx

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I think you're right - a hook could leave an indentation in faux leather or, as you say, may scratch it. Problem ...... Mmmmm, not sure what to suggest that would work on this type of chair. Does the wedding co-ordinator know if any other couples have tried attaching things onto them? Love the centrepiece by the way!

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

I think thats a good idea, I'll ask. sashes might have to be made but I want to try and do it minimally as possible. Saw a 25m roll of organza for £7 so it would break the bank.

its an awkward one ..

and thanks for the pinterest board!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics