Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner June 2024 South Yorkshire

Photo ideas alternatives to confetti as they've got peacocks roaming. i also would have liked some photos with the coloured smoke but they don't allow

Sarah, 8 of May of 2024 at 08:17 Posted on Planning 0 12
Hi all,

My venue doesn't allow confetti as

12 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 13 of May of 2024 at 08:07
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Well that's not posted how I typed it lol.

My venue doesnt allow confetti as there's peacocks roaming. I also would have liked some photos with the coloured smoke but they don't allow that either.
    Only other idea I've got is bubbles but need some decent quite big ones probably. Someone told me you van get unpoppable bubbles?? Any other ideas I could do what are unique for photos.
    Thanks Sarah
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

The traditional thing to throw is rice so what about throwing peacock food -- whatever that is ? Never heard of un poppable bubbles but the best bubbles to get are the ones in a quite big tube and an oval wand (like the last photo ) but watch out for them popping on some types of dress material. Or there is little tinsel sticks to wave. How about pompoms, this one ended up as a massive pompom fight.

Photo ideas alternatives to confetti as they've got peacocks roaming. i also would have liked some photos with the coloured smoke but they don't allow 1

Photo ideas alternatives to confetti as they've got peacocks roaming. i also would have liked some photos with the coloured smoke but they don't allow 2

Photo ideas alternatives to confetti as they've got peacocks roaming. i also would have liked some photos with the coloured smoke but they don't allow 3

Photo ideas alternatives to confetti as they've got peacocks roaming. i also would have liked some photos with the coloured smoke but they don't allow 4

• S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    There's some lovely pictures there. Thanks for the ideas.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Would they accept the confetti that is made from dried flowers?

Otherwise, I like the suggestion of peacock food!

Maybe ask the venue for ideas? Presumably, other couples have had the same issue, so they may be able to suggest what has been done for previous weddings.

• S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I never thought of peacocks food. There's a few ideas there.
  • Hampshire Wedding Photographer
    Hampshire
    Hampshire Wedding Photographer ·
    • Hide content

Why not instead of confetti used dried flower petals? or bubbles? or both!

Photo ideas alternatives to confetti as they've got peacocks roaming. i also would have liked some photos with the coloured smoke but they don't allow 5

Photo ideas alternatives to confetti as they've got peacocks roaming. i also would have liked some photos with the coloured smoke but they don't allow 6

Photo ideas alternatives to confetti as they've got peacocks roaming. i also would have liked some photos with the coloured smoke but they don't allow 7

• S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I quite like the bubble photos they look lovely. Do you use a bubble machine for that effect or just give everyone some standard bubbles.
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

To get it to look good you need a machine but as I mentioned earlier be careful about them popping on some materials.

• S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the advice. Yes wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses would probably be the worst.
  • H
    West Midlands
    Hshhsv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I am here to give you good ideas okay
  • Hampshire Wedding Photographer
    Hampshire
    Hampshire Wedding Photographer ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sometimes people have machines, or bubble guns. Here's some more photos I've taken of the guests.

Photo ideas alternatives to confetti as they've got peacocks roaming. i also would have liked some photos with the coloured smoke but they don't allow 8

Photo ideas alternatives to confetti as they've got peacocks roaming. i also would have liked some photos with the coloured smoke but they don't allow 9

Photo ideas alternatives to confetti as they've got peacocks roaming. i also would have liked some photos with the coloured smoke but they don't allow 10

• S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lovely pics. I am going to a buy a machine or some guns I think.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics