Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsJenLarkin
Beginner January 2012

Photobook from photobox.co.uk

MrsJenLarkin, 30 June, 2011 at 11:32 Posted on Planning 0 12

I found this website out to create me a lovely photobook with all our wedding photos in. Some websites were coming out quite expensive and all I just wanted, was a book I could carry around with me at work to show everyone.

Anyhows it arrived this morning and OMG! It's amazing, I love it.

Admittedly, it does take some time to do the book itself (nearly 3 days for me as it kept crashing!) but so so worth it. The website is offering 35% off all hardback/cover photobooks at the moment.

I got 2 photobooks, with nearly 375 images in both books for £98 delivered!

One very happy Mrs Larkin!!!

PS. I have noticed they have 2 for 1 on all printed canvas's at the moment too, I might be off to order me some of those too!

12 replies

Latest activity by The Little Jewellery Box, 30 June, 2011 at 14:10
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Strangely enough I had a delivery from Photobox yesterday, a "test book" using photos from a recent trip just to see how they came out, quality etc and I'm very impresses - the only two issues were a couple of the photos were a bit pixelly (but that's my fault for zooming in too much) and one was simply "operator error" but as the book was basically free on a new user offer, I'm not too fussed.

We plan to use them for photobooks to give to the parents as christmas presents.

I found the software a bit tricky to start with but it didn't take me too long to get to grips with how it worked - I think the hardest bit will be picking the right pictures out of the many that our photographer is doing for us.

• Kooks
    Beginner September 2011
    Kooks ·
    • Hide content

Thanks both - this is good to hear as it's something we will want to do too

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

? I joined up as i saw the offer for free photobook for new users and it would not for the life of me give me the free offer! After fannying around several times for hours putting the book together it kept trying to charge me at the checkout!!! I emailed them but no response...

• MrsJenLarkin
    Beginner January 2012
    MrsJenLarkin ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I found it tricky to use at first, but once I got the hang of it, all was ok. I think the key if adding quite a few photos like I did, is to do a little bit at a time, in order for it to keep up and save, or else it crashes and you end up back at sqaure one - Which doesn't half get on your wick!!! I almost threw the laptop at the wall many a times!!! Smiley laugh

But over all, really good quality for what you get!

xx

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I am doing one of these for my wedding too... trying to get them all to fit in one book is tricky!!!

It is long winded but well worth it - I have ordered books from them before and have to say although time consuming, the software is much more flexible now than it used to be...

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

I couldn't find any tools within the software for editing photos (colour balance, brightness/contrast etc) so I think you probably need to be familiar with something like Photoshop to do all the effects you want before you start uploading to get the best out of the photo books - but that's exactly what we plan to do with our wedding albums.

We do get an official album with the wedding package, but a disc of high res photos as well so we can make our own books with the photos we want in the order we want them in.

• gemchoo
    Beginner May 2012
    gemchoo ·
    • Hide content

If you sign up for / keep an eye on groupon they often have offers for photobooks and canvas prints! x

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, I just bought 3 photobooks using Groupon. They are £10 each instead of £30! I haven't started putting them together yet as I haven't got the pro tog photos back, but I'm really excited. My voucher lets me have 26 pages and I am assuming that they let you pay extra on top to add more images... hope so!

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Out of all the budget books I tested photobox had the best end print quality and colour reproduction.

Graphistudio they aren't and don't use Blurb books, ever.

• A
    Beginner
    amelinda ·
    • Hide content

Have any of you used this thing called Daisywheel at all? It's a bit like Photobox but you can pout text in and stuff, so it's more like a magazine if that makes sense??? I did a test magazine with family photos for a birthday, and they were really impressed. It'd be quite good for something like a wedding or maybe as an invitation? You could put your engagement shoot photos in it and have all the details of your wedding in there, I think you only have to do a minimum of four pages if I remember rightly.

They also do this bespoke version where you basicaly get them to write all about you, your proposal, engagement and wedding and you have this magazine all about you which you can send as a thank you to your guests or something. I'm going to have to save a bit for that one but am very tempted...

The trouble with Photobox is the website keeps crashing, I've tried it but haven't yet been able to finish anything cos my patience just runs out very quickly!! ?

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Daisywheel looks an interesting concept... however I can't say I'm very impressed by the website, it looks like something from cbeebies or something.

• Fleur10
    Beginner June 2011
    Fleur10 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all, got back from honeymoon earlier this week, this is my first day of dropping by Hitched Smiley smile

Just wanted to say, I spent yesterday creating our photobook with a site called 'photocreator'. http://www.photocreator.co.uk/

You download the software to your pc and its so easy to use, you can change the size or crop your photos, change them to black and white or make them slightly transparent. You can put photos into shapes and make the edges softer. I've nearly finished the book already. I was recommend the site by a friend and her book is amazing, its well worth checking out.

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

I've used them three times so far for photobooks, all different, all were fab! Good deals and prices too.

We used them for our honeymoon album which I put together as an Xmas gift for my husband. Just put one together with pics of our new baby! She's 6 weeks today.

I would 100% recommend the site.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics