Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Augustwedding13
Beginner August 2013

Photobooth Yes or No ?

Augustwedding13, 16 of June of 2013 at 17:48 Posted on Planning 0 23

We are thinking of having a photobooth, does any one know the approximate cost and would it be a waste of money? Help.....

23 replies

Latest activity by MrsSkinner2be, 20 of June of 2013 at 08:39
  • LoveBug1950
    Beginner May 2015
    LoveBug1950 ·
    • Hide content

They look like great fun! Although, being on such a tight budget I doubt our budget would stretch to it.

I think a few brides are doing/have done their own DIY photo booth, maybe that's worth looking into?

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Sezwest ·
    • Hide content

I've been to a few weddings that have had them and they've been great!!!

I've been quoted between £400-600

Sarah

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

I had spent my budget so we've spent £22 in B&Q and built a big frame that will be suspeneded from the rafter and a basket of props to go with it and people can pose and take their own picture in a corner of the hall. Cheap but hopefully cheerful!

• Laura DeBourde
    Laura DeBourde ·
    • Hide content

Definitely yes!!!

It's so much fun and you get some brilliant photographs. If you're on a tight budget you could always try and make your own photobooth, I know a few people who have set it up and brought the props themselves.

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

These can be awesome however I've run them and they've literally been abused for an hour or so. Other times only 3 people used it.

It really depends on the crowd Smiley smile

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

I'd like to do one but I'll just DIY it. Couple of props and signs and probably a picture frame from the charity shop. It's not something important enough to me to eat into my budget too far with.

• lollipopsxx
    Beginner December 2013
    lollipopsxx ·
    • Hide content

We've booked one for our wedding, but we're quite lucky because the DJ we've booked also does photobooths. So for £500, we have our disco, disco lights, big display screen for music videos and the photobooth for 4 hours with unlimited prints! Which is amazing compared to what i've been quoted previously. xx

• Y
    Beginner April 2014
    YellowDuckie ·
    • Hide content

I really want one but budget is tight. Hoping I can get a deal at a wedding fair!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

My photographer offered this to us for an added £100. Might be worth seeing if yours does something like this?

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Sezwest ·
    • Hide content

Lollipops. Where is yours from? x

• lollipopsxx
    Beginner December 2013
    lollipopsxx ·
    • Hide content

Its from Advanced Disco in Nottingham, which covers Notts, Derby and Leicester. x

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content

I have wanted one ever since seeing one at a Wedding Fayre. I then went to a friend's wedding & she'd got one. It was brilliant fun & the pics are very funny. I'm over budget but will probably get one as it's something I really want. I've been quoted £300-£400 up to now.

• kharding2014
    Beginner October 2014
    kharding2014 ·
    • Hide content

I would love one but can't justify the money. I think we are going to do DIY. Set up a frame and hire/ buy a camera that takes old fashioned polariod photos. I have some arty bridesmaids who will make the props and put them in a basket.

Oh and we will also hang up a washing line so that people can peg up their photos for the other guests to see.

Kayleigh

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

I am doing a DIY one. I have managed to get a fujifilm polaroid camera with 100 film for £110 on amazon and we will hire a photo wall from a vintage hire company for £40. Going to build a big picutre frame with string across it for people to hang them up!

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

I wanted to do one and said no cos of the cost. DIY options were out as there were too many guests (180) and could get a bit messy. I really regret it though as we went to another wedding 3 weeks after ours and they had one and it went down a storm! If you like it, I'd urge you to go for it no matter the cost (within reason of course!)

• P
    Beginner July 2013
    PFY1980 ·
    • Hide content

We should be having one - the other half is organising with our DSLR, tripod, light box, and raspbery Pi - all a but geeky for me then we will need to build the Booth

In "Man Maths" it cost us nothing( Because wr then own it ) , but the actuals i dont know - but the fuji film thing looks much cooler

• H
    Beginner July 2013
    HAG13 ·
    • Hide content

We are DIY'ing it. This is my next job! Aside from eBay in general, where have people sourced prop bits?? Any particular sellers or websites?? I'm after a one-stop shop ideally instead of house of sourcing?

• artisanwedding.co.uk
    artisanwedding.co.uk ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Once again, Chris is on the money. I was chatting to a DJ friend of mine, and he has seen a lot of these. Occasionally, they are swamped, but more often than not, people just aren't interested.

Remember, if you've had a good photographer there all day, then there's a good chance they'll have already photographed your guests, it might just be that by 9pm, they've had more than their fill of being photographed...

Pete

• S
    Beginner August 2014
    sdurn ·
    • Hide content

Im doing a DIY one, Im going to have a frame that looks like a polaroid and and some funny liittle mustaches, lips, hats ect ect.

Definately not paying £600.00 like i was quoted Smiley surprise

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

I loved mine.

Picture blast who I thought were brilliant.

I got a fab guestbook with photos. At one point, we had a little queue forming outside of ours, which of course the French crowd didn't understand!

I loved mine. I know it was cheesy and nearly everyone has them now, but I love the fact I've got about 100-200 extra photos and everyone got to take one home.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

I got very excited when one of my August brides said she's hired a booth type one that prints the strip of photos!! Stuff the guests, I am getting in that!!

• F
    Beginner September 2014
    future.mrs.c ·
    • Hide content

We've booked 1 Smiley smile been to wedding before that had 1 soooo much fun. Ours did a option for us to buy guests key rings to put there photos in so were using them as favours Smiley smile

• MrsSkinner2be
    Beginner May 2014
    MrsSkinner2be ·
    • Hide content

I'd have to disagree with the togs that are saying it won't get used. Fair enough some people won't use it - but the 3 weddings I've been to that have had them - people were queuing to use them.

Everyone that's coming to our wedding that we've told we are having one are sooo excited about it. It's all very well having your tog taking photos of your guests but they will be nice, normal pictures. In the photo booths you will get some really crazy, fun photos of your guests - especially nice as most togs will have left by then (ours is actually staying until the end) and there will be photos captured of when the guests are a bit tipsy and more up for having their photo taken.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics