Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Savvy September 2023 Derbyshire

Photographer

Emily, 19 of May of 2022 at 10:16 Posted on Planning 0 12
Hi all, we have recently been to an event and met a lovely photographer and her work is amazing.

I've not a clue what the going rates are for photographers so needed advice!
For £995 she is offering the whole day, bridal prep to first dance, boxed USB with all images, up to 200 edited images of our choice.
Is this a good price?! We're based in the Midlands!

12 replies

Latest activity by Jade, 31 of May of 2022 at 10:09
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Midlands here too. That price sounds about right. One question though is the " up to 200 edited images of our choice"

Does that mean you get shown -- say 500 and you have to pick 200 which will then be properly edited ? 200 sounds a little short.

For reference after editing I deliver at least 400 images from a full day coverage.

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much for the reply. I'm not 100% as I haven't spoken to them about that package directly, I wanted to get a bit more knowledge. Thank you 😊
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Ok its just that some will will have a set amount and then it will cost more if you want more. You will be shown many more than the low set amount - and of course you are going to want many of the others that you have seen, at extra cost.

I state that for an all day coverage it will generate be at least 400. I do take more than that and then sort out the shut eyes ect but if they are good then you will get the extra at no extra charge.

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah thank you. Maybe in touch soon😇
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    I’m in Surrey (so automatically more expensive! 🙄) and we are paying £1200 for whole day - bridal prep to after first dance and a USB. Not sure on amount of photos yet - the contract says all images copyright free on USB so sounds like we get them all!
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahh lovely! Thank you x
  • Charlotte
    Dedicated September 2023 Lincolnshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    This sounds quite reasonable to me! I’m in the Midlands too and paying £1600 and the only difference is that we will get 400-500 images xx
  • Rebecca May Photography
    Shropshire
    Rebecca May Photography ·
    • Hide content

This sounds about right to me! I'm a photographer in the midlands and offer 7 hours for £950 however the only difference is that I would give more edited images at around 400, 200 seems a little short. I also deliver them in an online gallery rather than a USB. I would ask them to clarify what images you actually do get. Some photographs may charge you additional above that 200. thanks xx

• G
    Savvy June 2023 South Yorkshire
    Gracef ·
    • Hide content
    Hi, we’re getting married in Derbyshire and our photographer is 899 for a digital package - 10 hours bridal prep - first dance. 30 printed 6x9 professional prints, full gallery set to music, social media online sneak peak preview gallery within a few days, all photos on a wooden USB and a full set of social media images for direct upload to instagram or Facebook.
    We can also choose to pay to have an album done after the wedding as long as it’s within 6 months. He does beautiful albums so we will do that for definite, but trying to cut costs for pre-wedding.
  • Hayley
    Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    Norfolk and £1800 here for 10-12 hours.
  • Jessica
    Beginner June 2023 West Sussex
    Jessica ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m in West Sussex and we’re paying £1300! With 450 photos on USB, photo book and canvas print plus full day coverage! X
  • J
    Beginner July 2023 North Yorkshire
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    I’m north east and paying £1600 which seemed to be the going rate near me for what I wanted. It Sounds like a really good deal to be honest however I would say we get around 1000 edited pictures which almost sounds like too much to me! I’ll need a whole weekend just to view them all 🤣

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics