Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner October 2015

Photographer

royalblue2015, 5 of September of 2014 at 21:53 Posted on Planning 0 18

Hi all,
I am booking my venue and have been suggested I use their photographer who charges £1850 for the whole day and an album. Apparently another surprise at the end of the night but don't know what that could be.
Anyway I'm just wondering if this is a bit expensive and what are the photographers prices roughly? I am in middlesex, don't know if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance x

18 replies

Latest activity by Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon, 11 of June of 2020 at 13:10
  • Sarah Ellen Bailey
    Sarah Ellen Bailey ·
    • Hide content

Sooooo many variables it's impossible to say. Check out what exactly they offer and get some comparable quotes maybe. I wrote my thoughts on the cost of wedding photography in a blog post a while back. Maybe have a read with a cuppa (I tend to ramble a little sometimes Smiley smile )

Most importantly, make sure you like their work. One photographer doesn't fit all. Whilst they might be familiar with your venue you need to make sure you like what they do and they you get on with them too.

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

Hi B2B,

It does vary a lot! I found that out when we first started looking. I had a shortlist of 4.

We booked our lovely photographer after meeting with her and having a look at her work. She was the best value and her style is just what we ant. For £1,200 we've booked her from bridal preparation through to first dance in the evening and this includes a consultation before hand, up to 400 images on a USB (full copyrights included - this was very important to us as we wanted the rights to all of the photos and not all photographers will offer this) and a private online gallery. She also does albums for additional costs, but we're waiting to see if we can stretch the budget.

HTH

x

• MartinC Photography
    MartinC Photography ·
    • Hide content

It all depends on your budget & expectations. Wedding photographers can cost from £200 to £2000+. In fact look hard enough and you'd probably find someone willing to do it for the experience.

I'm guessing that your venue has a relationship with their preferred photographer and so push them. I doubt you are under any obligation to use them. So whilst I wouldn't automatically discount them, I'd also urge you to have a look around and see what else you can find. You can definitely find someone cheaper. You may even find someone better or should I say better suited for you.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Welcome to the forum btw......

Peter

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

This ^^^^^^^ never heard of a surprise for the couple from the venue or photographer but I would really like to know what it is, being nosy?

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

My first thought is that maybe he strips and does entertaining dances before he goes home...

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

???? Need to know who it is ?

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

My guess would be a print which is a signed montage of all the guests...seen that before...although the stripping and dancing isn't something I have ever thought of.......Perhaps its his platinum package!!!!!!!

Peter

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Then again...the OP never said it was a male photographer!!!?

Peter

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

I'm based in London and am just under £1.3k if that helps give some perspective. For 1.8k I'd expect them to be a really amazing seasoned pro. The surprise could be that he DJs at the end as well (bit of a tog in joke there)

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

The suprise could be a little photobooth session?!? But that price is very expensive, there are incredible togs out there for less. Look around

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

The tog I originally wanted to go with would have been anything from £1,500 to £3,000 depending upon which package I went for. But she is amazing, and has worked on some top magazines, so she was bound to be pricey. The one we've booked with is about £1,000 for preparation through to just after the first dance, including album.

• X
    Beginner
    xSarahCx ·
    • Hide content

Lots to choose from for different budgets and styles on https://www.yourperfectweddingphotographer.co.uk/

• F
    fireandice ·
    • Hide content

We are Fire & Ice. Offering bespoke wedding photography. We give wedding photography benefits in South Wales, Brecon, Bristol, West Wales, Swansea, Brecon, Monmouthshire, Carmarthen and the remainder of the UK. Since 2009. We work intimately with our clients to make common and narrative pictures that catch your relationship and the mind-set of the day.

https://www.fireandice.co.uk/

• F
    fireandice ·
    • Hide content

We are Fire & Ice. Offering bespoke wedding photography. We give wedding photography benefits in South Wales, Brecon, Bristol, West Wales, Swansea, Brecon, Monmouthshire, Carmarthen and the remainder of the UK. Since 2009. We work intimately with our clients to make common and narrative pictures that catch your relationship and the mind-set of the day.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Its a shame that the OP from 6 years ago never came back to tell us what the "surprise" was.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics