Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner July 2016

Photographer?

HappyBrownDiamonds179, 26 of February of 2015 at 13:43 Posted on Planning 0 17

Hi all, we have just booked our venue at Smeetham Hall in Sudbury... after much indecision! We are now looking at trying to lock in a decent priced but great photographer and all the other details. Has anyone got any suggestions / reviews for photographers?

Thanks for any hints or tips

17 replies

Latest activity by CGWeddingPhotography, 12 of March of 2015 at 18:17
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

You could try the supplier directory here at Hitched!

I'm a wedding photographer and travel across the UK. You'll find that many of us here will travel to Suffolk - lucky you!!

You can have a nosey at my work via the links below.

• Anna Zofka Photography
    Anna Zofka Photography ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We're based just south of Cambridge and we cover Suffolk very often. Don't know what style or price range you're looking for, but feel free to have a look at out website and let us know if you need any more information or would like to see more photos.

www.annazofka.com

Anna & Andy

• F
    Beginner January 1999
    friskyfox88 ·
    • Hide content

Fairclough Photography are based in the North but I think they travel all over the country and their pictures are amazing ?

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Smeetham Hall in Sudbury ? quite close to Hengrave Hall where I am a recommended supplier? Lovely looking venue by the way.

Have you looked at the photographers listed on Smeetham Hall site.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Do you have an ideas as yet what kind of budget you'd be working with, or what style of photography you are looking for? That may help with suggestions Smiley smile

We work in Suffolk quite often so feel free to have a peep at our site (link) and we might be able to point you in the right direction.

• M
    Manu ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi,

I'm based in Hampshire but I cover Sudbury. Please, take a look at my website www.manumendoza.com where you can find further info about my style, prices etc... Good luck!

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HappyBrownDiamonds179 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I am not quite sure as to style etc, price seems to be a minimum of 1000 pounds from what I can see looking around, would love for it to be under that. The photography for me is really important, I really want some great beautiful photos. It was actually one of the reasons I chose the venue as I thought the photos there would be amazing.

Could anyone let me know what the different styles are I should be looking at?

Thanks all

• B
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

"great beautiful photos" come at a price I'm afraid, the more experienced a photographer the more it will cost and as you say you have chosen a beautiful venue to get beautiful photos.

Have a look at my site, mainly Documentary (story telling) if one of you doesn't like a camera in your face this this is ideal but I do do the group photos of family and bride & groom photos if you want. https://www.nevilleplanes.com/

• M
    Manu ·
    • Hide content

I've found this article about wedding photography styles for you: https://www.herecomestheguide.com/wedding-ideas/photography-style-glossary

Personally I prefer an artistic and photojournalistic approach with some posed candid shots . It's more contemporary and non intrusive so your wedding flows naturally.

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

I've shot a wedding there that got features on Boho Weddings in case you're interested- https://www.boho-weddings.com/86478/spring-themed-barn-wedding-by-marianne-chua/

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

I think there is a typo in that url Bruce.......? those interested (and its worth a looksee) try http://www.bruceneville.co.uk

Generally, I would always suggest a photographer who knows the venue or is local...they know the other vendors at your wedding, the maitre'd, the chef, the planner , the venue manager, the registrars etc etc......this relationship helps with the flow of your day and more often than not, allows more flexibility on the day itself.

• B
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oops good spot Peter??? and thanks?

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HappyBrownDiamonds179 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all for your suggestions. I think I am looking for some great natural shots, along with some lovely posed shots. Hopefully I can find just the right photographer and package.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous venue. Hope you find someone you love soon.

• B
    • Hide content

Did the venue give you any help in finding a photographer? It is a stunning venue so I'm sure they will have a long list of names.

• C
    CGWeddingPhotography ·
    • Hide content

Hi Happy,

If you haven`t decided yet please take a look at my site Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics