Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

2013_Bride_
Beginner August 2013

Photographer Concerns :( (Update Page 12) x

2013_Bride_, 21 March, 2013 at 22:44

Posted on Planning 180

I've been playing ostrich with my hand in the sand over this, but have just seen something on Facebook thats made me realise I need to deal with it. Our photographer was full of conversation before we booked, instant replies etc! We (stupidly) paid upfront (lesson learnt, no idea why we did it to be...

I've been playing ostrich with my hand in the sand over this, but have just seen something on Facebook thats made me realise I need to deal with it.

Our photographer was full of conversation before we booked, instant replies etc! We (stupidly) paid upfront (lesson learnt, no idea why we did it to be honest looking back).

Ever since, silence. OK, not quite that dramatic but I chased constantly over Facebook (we had used that before to contact each other) but kept being ignored.

Eventually got hold of the photographer, arranged an appointment, they cancelled it, arranged another, they cancelled again, asked to re-arrange, got ignored.

I need to pick the phone up and ring them, but to be honest I'm dreading them not picking up and it making me worry even more (see ostrich with head in sand).

But at the same time they do have mine and OH telephone number and have never called us, considering they cancelled on us, I think that would only be polite.

I have noticed that their usually updated Facebook page has been quiet since December. Been keeping an eye on it, and just seen another brides commented on a photo the photographer took at the beginning of December saying 'still not got my photos!!!!'. I've messaged the bride to confirm that is the case and see if she gives any other insight.

Trying to cancel them has crossed my mind in all honesty. I have the contract and this is what it says under cancellation:

CANCELLATION

If the Photographer has to cancel this contract for reasons beyond their control (injury, sickness etc.) A professional backup photographer will be provided. If the Photographer has to cancel this contract because of death, a full refund of all monies paid will be issued. Should the said wedding be postponed, then, subject to availability, all money paid may be applied to the new wedding date. In the event of Photographer taking another wedding booking on your cancelled date a full unconditional refund of your deposit and monies paid will be made.

It doesn't say anything about if we want to cancel?

When I do get hold of them I'm going to be telling them that the message from the other bride has really made me question the booking!!!!

180 replies

• *Teabag*
    Beginner June 2013
    *Teabag* ·
    • Hide content

I missed this post first time around - what a complete mare! Did you organise a new TOG in the end? From memory I think that we live in the same place (lucky us!) and I would happily recommend our TOG. He's in Northampton so not too far away...

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

I know this doesn't help, but the problem when someone goes bad is you can't believe a word they say.

You may never see the cheque and they may never of had the intention to refund you.

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

It is beginning to look that way! I will push it though so more fool them!

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

So further update;

After lots of messages, I asked my BM to leave a message on her wall asking her to contact me. I got a response, it was a bit of an arsey one. Saying how when my friend told me she was on Facebook they should have also told me she had put statuses up about losing her phone and therefore was uncontactable. (Computer? your a photographer, surely you work on one to edit photos and can get on Facebook via that etc?!). Similarly, work e-mails etc, you can only ever access them by your phone? Whatever.

Anyway, managed to get 1 of the payments by bank transfer. 2/3 outstanding.

Each time I asked for tracking number for the cheques they claim they have sent it kept being side-tracked.

Meant to be hand-delivered x 2 but weren't.

Has been ignoring me since last payment (and naturally I'm getting more and more nervous we won't see anymore money), ended up messaging her Mum asking them to ask their daughter to contact me (simply that)...

WELL, that got a response!

A very unhappy one, telling me not to contact her friends / family or ask people to stalk her on facebook etc and that she agreed to a refund which she didn't have to agree to!

PLEASE! I quickly reminded her that she did have to agree because she breeched our contract, actually!

She has been ill and thats why she's been ignoring me, like she told me earlier in the week.

Reminded her that good customer service would just involve telling someone you were still unwell and therefore wouldn't be doing what you said you would (i.e. hand delivering cheques on certain day / replying to messages, etc).

Cannot believe the poor professionalism.

• diliphirani
    diliphirani ·
    • Hide content

These type of businesses should be named and shamed!

We should have a page of suppliers to avoid. Not sure of the legalities but this is the type of person (not service provider because they have failed that) everyone should know about so we get less of these type of stories unfolding.

• emilyvportlock
    Beginner July 2013
    emilyvportlock ·
    • Hide content

I have just sat and read through this whole post and I cannot believe what this woman has done! There is absolutley no excuse for it! I just wanted to say I hope you get the remaining monies refunded xxx

• Simon and Alison
    Beginner
    Simon and Alison ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear it's still not sorted out, has she said when she'll send the other cheques? Must be driving you up the wall!!

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all.

I've also heard from another bride who has been unable to contact her so very glad I cancelled.

No, no idea when I will get the cheques, she has said I will have the money by when I was promised to have it (end of this month and May).

Told her I want an update on Wednesday - i.e. is she still ill and unable to send them? Has she been well enough to send them etc?

She seemed put out by this but I thought it was extremely reasonable considering, I could sit back for the rest of the month and not know if she is better or no otherwise.

She said she could understand my "barrage" of messages if I hadn't received any money off her...

Can you believe that? That 1/3 of the payment was after weeks of hounding her again despite her saying I'd have the cheques 3 weeks prior etc.

I think she must be in denial about the service she provides / offers.

Simon & Alison - Yes, driving me up the wall indeed. I was SO angry yesterday after her messages telling me not to contact her family etc. I literally chase her every single day. Can't wait to have our money back and forget she even existed.

• Simon and Alison
    Beginner
    Simon and Alison ·
    • Hide content

Not surprised you're angry. You wouldn't have had to contact her family had she responded in the first place. Sounds like she's in serious denial about the upset she's causing you and others. I hope she isn't still taking new bookings for weddings, such a shame if more people are let down by her ☹️

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

This is what I think Smiley sad

I have now been in touch with 4 other brides who have the same problems as me.

How many more are there, and will there be?

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Smiley smile

• K
    Beginner April 2014
    karawarren ·
    • Hide content

OMG i am so sorry that you've had to deal with a tog like this. When I first came across this post I thought that it would be something completely different, not sure what, but never this, An the more the I read it the more shocked I began (even my manager asked what was wrong) If you hadn't already cancelled your tog I would of told you too, no one should have these worries in the run up to their big day. Your suppliers should be putting you at ease this is the biggest day of your life.

I really hope that you get your money back if not you should defiantly take this further. And as for not talking to her family and stalking her on FB she should of done her job properly and not put you in this situation.

Sorry but this really winds me up, I work in events and I hate it when I hear clients are struggling to get hold of their suppliers. It bugs when my suppliers don't get back to me never mind anyone else.

• John Price Photography
    John Price Photography ·
    • Hide content

Wow you have been through it, I have not read every page here so am sorry if this is repeating what has already been said or not useful now, It just angers me so much when this type of thing happens, though not often I am glad to say.

I would like to offer my services for free and help make good of something bad, please can you PM me where you are based and when your getting married, If I am free I would love to help you out, and I am sure all us other togs who may be able to would. Hey, we could have a huge collaboration of photographers shooting your wedding, and then you can showcase your beautiful wedding off in the real wedding section.

John

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hitched would be legally and therefore financially responsible should they host pages that allow businesses to be listed as poor providers. They have to be careful, and despite the obvious, I fully appreciate why they don't allow name and shame....

There are often two sides to every story, and although this one seems clear cut, the forum cannot allow random slagging of other vendors which can sometimes be based purely on opinion......

Peter

• emilyvportlock
    Beginner July 2013
    emilyvportlock ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What a wonderfully selfless thing to do! Kudos to you john!

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

Ah John, thank you very much, that is very kind of you.

Luckily we have been able to find another TOG, but thanks for your kind offer anyway.

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

Spoke to another bride now who is also having problems. They haven't had their photos despite it being 5 months later and they had problems contacting the TOG before and now are being completely ignored. So glad we cancelled but my heart breaks for all these other brides. This bride in particular has family who are extremely unwell and want to see the photos (and one who wanted to see them but now will never be able to). I am absolutely furious for everyone.

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

I think I will.

Disgusting really.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics