Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2014

Photographer for a couple hours

LuxuriousYellowFlowers203, 18 of July of 2014 at 02:11 Posted on Planning 0 6

It's not really a wedding wedding, it's just a small ceremony and private dining with wedding cake.

Can anyone suggest a photographer for about 4 hours? All the ones i've contacted want about 500pounds but that's really out of my budget.

The wedding is in Surrey. Thanks

6 replies

Latest activity by Decorated_Doll, 23 of July of 2014 at 01:41
  • DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

Remember when you book a photographer even if you only require them for 4 hours work they will not be able to shoot another wedding that day so potentially losing out on a full paying days work.

Also don't forget they will still need to travel and have insurance and there will be follow up work editing your photos so it's not just the 4 hours spent on the day.

WHy don't you contact some local collages, they may have students that are keen to boost their portfolios and willing to do it for expenses only.

You haven't said if it's a Saturday or a weekday as this will also affect the price. You will find people are more willing to negotiate on weekday weddings.

Hope you manage to find someone.

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

As DrB says the big question is when. I often shoot smaller ceremonies and for short durations.

The only time I do them though if it's last minute (think 6 weeks prior) or if a few months away, Mon-Thursday only as it involves turning down a whole day booking.

£500 is a ball park figure. It's not just the attendance but for every hour behind the camera there's many more hours that consist of the editing and admin.

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

What others have already said above really is the norm. There is a lot of work before and after the wedding so its not just on the day.?

• MartinC Photography
    MartinC Photography ·
    • Hide content

As others have mentioned, your best bet is to look for someone just starting out and taking the risk with the quality of photos & their experience. Or leave it til about 2-4 weeks before hand and call around. Luckily there are a lot of wedding photographers so there's a high chance you will find someone who has the date available and is willing to offer a discount. I quite like last minute deals as it's like unexpected money and whilst it's not my full day rate, the shorter coverage means I'm usually home for dinner.

• Decorated_Doll
    Beginner July 2016
    Decorated_Doll ·
    • Hide content

My brother might know someone so I've asked him now. Bit of a long-shot as I don't know what kind they are or if they are actually just an amateur who does it for fun. Worth an ask!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

It is worth mentioning the date.....If its midweek, you may be more in luck or if its a gap in someones diary, again you may be in luck although only if the date is closer.

It is also worth saying what your budget is. Don't be afraid of this, everyone is different and not all can afford what they want or deserve.

Welcome to the forum btw....

Peter

• Decorated_Doll
    Beginner July 2016
    Decorated_Doll ·
    • Hide content

So my brother's friend does do events/professional photography but doesn't seem to pricy.

When is the date, just so I can get a more accurate quote from her for you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics