Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner July 2022 East London

Photographer gone quiet

Aseel, 22 of September of 2022 at 12:57 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 2
Hi guys, need your help here! We found a wedding photographer on Hitched, had calls with him and he seemed good. It’s now been over two months since our wedding, we’ve paid him the lot and haven’t had a single pic from him! He’s stopped replying to our messages and won’t answer the phone. Getting so worried, and not sure where we stand! Please could you help advise me what we can do?

2 replies

Latest activity by Aseel, 22 of September of 2022 at 16:04
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I am so sorry this has happened, we have had a similar issue with ours, we got the photos but no album as he claimed to be in hospital, he has been promising to refund us but 6 weeks on he has not sent it or replied, I am now at the point where I have sent legal notice to him as for someone in hospital he has managed to shoot and post 5 weddings on Instagram this past month! If you have a signed contract stating the deliverables of the service, such as photos will be sent within 8 weeks and the time has passed you are able to seek return of goods or monies paid for non delivered service via the courts. Do you have an email and mailing address you can contact him through, rather than messaging. I would suggest sending an email or letter (send recorded) to him to outline a timeline of the attempts to contact him and the agreement you had, ask that whilst you understand he may be busy, to not respond is not acceptable and at the very least he should be providing an update if there is a delay. You should advise he has 14 days from the date of the letter/email to respond to you or you will seek to reclaim your goods/,monies via the courts as he is in breach of contract. that will hopefully be enough for him to respond. if not then you will need to make an application to small claims court, which is why it is important to have explored all avenue of communication and have evidence of this to support your case. I really hope you can get it sorted and get your pictures soon.

• A
    Beginner July 2022 East London
    Aseel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Super helpful! Wow sounds like our guy with the pleasing sickness thing! Ours promised us video content, photo booth prints, photo album with printed photos of our choice and hundreds of pics from the day, and we have had nothing!! I will write an email to him tonight, great advice. Sadly the contract doesn’t talk about time frames at all, rookie error on my part for not asking for this to be added. Live and learn!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics