Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

missmandymoo
Beginner August 2014

Photographer not replying to email

missmandymoo, 16 of June of 2013 at 11:01

Posted on Planning 37

Is it normal for a photographer to not reply to an email for over 5 days? I'm finding it very frustrating and although he's never responded within the same day, it has never taken him this long so I'm starting to think that he doesn't want my business anymore. We are still going through the enquiry...

Is it normal for a photographer to not reply to an email for over 5 days?

I'm finding it very frustrating and although he's never responded within the same day, it has never taken him this long so I'm starting to think that he doesn't want my business anymore.

We are still going through the enquiry stage and I'm trying to arrange a meet-up with him before confirming him for our wedding. Our email correspondences were going well then I asked whether I could to see a full album when we meet up to which he replied that he design albums individually for couples and does not keep samples album to show. Then he went on to say that I should see more examples of wedding on his website and if I'm still not totally convinced then he may not be the photographer for us and that we need to have complete faith and trust in him to get the best results. I only asked to see a full album more so because all the wedding blogs tell you to and I wanted to check that rest of the 300+ images are going to be good Smiley sad

I really want to book this photographer so I replied saying that I asked to see a full album only so that we can get a feel of what else to expect on the day and it is by no means to question whether he is the photographer for us (giving him the option to still show me a full wedding) but if it's not possible, then that's not a problem whatsoever... can we still arrange a meet-up?

He's not replied in 5 days but he's very active on Twitter and is tweeting a few times a day! I'm wondering whether I've offended him by asking to see a full album and now he doesn't want to shoot my wedding. If he's just not good at replying to emails on time, then the communication process leading up to the wedding could be frustrating! Please give me some advice and let me know whether it is normal for a photographer to take so long to reply and be offended by a couple asking to see more work.

I know people are going to say just find another TOG but I've had my eyes on this guy for over a year and he's the one. I'm a designer so I'm very particular, his photography/post-processing style is exactly the style I'm after. If I hired anyone else, I'd be showing them his work so I'd prefer to just hire him.

37 replies

• missmandymoo
    Beginner August 2014
    missmandymoo ·
    • Hide content

It's ok, it's worked and he's replied with a meet up date! ??

• carbynel
    Beginner August 2014
    carbynel ·
    • Hide content

Did he say why he hadn't responded before? Was there a misunderstanding?

• missmandymoo
    Beginner August 2014
    missmandymoo ·
    • Hide content

He just said that he's been really busy but it doesn't explain why he responded to others and not me. Maybe it's just the easier thing to say but I guess it doesn't really matter now. When I was looking again for photographers, the one I found that was most similar to his style (Manchester tog Johnny D) was double his price for the same package so that made me realise how reasonable his price was. For that price, I'll just have to be a bit more accommodating

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Glad you heard back although a cheaper price shouldn't be an excuse for poor communications.......

Hopefully it was just a glitch in his replies...although please don't think that the cheaper price means that you should expect any lesser service....IYSWIM...

Peter

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Well it's only for a meeting. It only gets risky when you put money down.

• M
    Beginner June 2026 New York
    Monika ·
    • Hide content

It sounds like you're really keen on this photographer, and understandably so! It might help to give him a gentle nudge with a follow-up email, reiterating your interest and clarifying that your request for a full album was simply to ensure everything goes smoothly on your wedding day . Mention that you'd love to move forward and meet up. If he still doesn’t respond, it could be a sign of potential communication issues down the road, so it might be worth considering how important reliable communication is for your peace of mind.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics