Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Dedicated October 2022 East London

Photographer recommendation

Ebony, 23 of August of 2022 at 08:28 Posted on Planning 0 1
Hello, I'm looking for wedding photographer recommendation.
We've had to bring our wedding forward due to family illness and we're realising a London wedding is expensive and there's no getting away from it. I've researched photographers who have worked with the venues we've hired and I like the less staged minimalist style in colour and black and white colour. The prices we have been quoted are roughly 2k for 8 hours which unfortunately is out of our price range. Now I'm not saying photographers are charging too much and I'm well aware of the work which goes on behind the scenes before and after so do not come for me. I'm saying it's out of our budget and we're looking for alternatives which I'm aware will be of a lesser quality but most likely better than having my future FILs finger in every pic.

1 replies

Latest activity by Charlotte, 23 of August of 2022 at 12:04
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ยท
    • Hide content

So sorry to read your situation, is such a strain without the usual wedding planning issues. Can you maybe see if there are any local photography students who may want to build their portfolio and would charge a smaller fee for editing etc? I know here in the south our local collage do this as it helps the students but also the couple with costs. The other thing is to see if they can do a shorter time package. I didn't have the getting ready shots so they went straight to the venue and covered from there. Some offer half day to cover ceremony, group shots and a shoot of you 2 up to the meal, so it depends on if you would be happy with that coverage? Bear in mind if it is a weekend you may struggle to get one willing to do half day but if you are off peak or weekday it may be possible. I would maybe call a few and explain the situation and see what they can offer, if you don't ask you don't get. wishing you all the best and hope you can sort something

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics