Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carolanne83
Beginner March 2013

Photographer recommendations in Birmingham/Solihull area

Carolanne83, 11 of April of 2012 at 19:38 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi all, I'm looking to book a photographer soon and would love any recommendations for photographers in the Birmingham area, budget is £1500 including album and I am willing to stretch it a bit for a really good one. My main worry is that my venue hasn't got any grounds so I need someone creative and most of the photographers website galleries tend to show country house type weddings with beautiful grounds!

9 replies

Latest activity by jojo2, 12 of April of 2012 at 17:28
  • *BigBird*
    Beginner April 2013
    *BigBird* ·
    • Hide content

https://www.samantha-j.co.uk/ - This is our photographer, all of her work that I have seen so far has been amazing. Have a look at her website Smiley smile

• MrsJenLarkin
    Beginner January 2012
    MrsJenLarkin ·
    • Hide content

Https://www.daffodilwaves.co.uk/

I used the lovely Nicola for my Wedding Day and she is fantastic. She's based in Sutton Coldfield. You can see her work in my Wedding Day photos in my link below.

xx

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I second Daffodil Waves and for a creative look you can't go wrong. She even photographed a wedding where Chris Hoy was a guest and it was in a MASSIVE Tipi tent so the whole day was full of creative ideas. Her Facebook page is a good place to look as well https://www.facebook.com/groups/246093758779183/332506766804548/?ref=notif&notif_t=group_activity#!/DaffodilWaves x

• Carolanne83
    Beginner March 2013
    Carolanne83 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replies, I'll check them both out, I haven't come across them before so thats good!

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

Another vote here for Daffodil Waves, Nicola is fab x

• LollyB
    Beginner September 2010
    LollyB ·
    • Hide content

I'm another vote for daffodil waves. Nicola really is fantastic and such a lovely lady to go with it x

• Kath @ JohnCharltonPhoto
    Beginner
    Kath @ JohnCharltonPhoto ·
    • Hide content

Hi Carolanne, I'm a Birmingham based photographer so would be happy to talk to you about your wedding - www.johncharltonphotography.co.uk

Which venue have you booked? A lack of grounds isn't necessarily a problem, most venues have some interesting features that can be used for photographs.I may well be able to show you some pictures from your venue so you can see what can be done.

• Bob - An Image For You
    Bob - An Image For You ·
    • Hide content

Hi Carolanne83,

Although I cover you area but can recommend a great photographer locally to you. His name is Paul Tak. He has a great flair for style. He has worked with me on some weddings and I found him to be most pleasant and easy going.

His details are: www.photakraphy.com

Tel: ****

Please do let him know I recommended him.

Kind regards,

Bob

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we used Andrew Billington who is an amazing photographer http://www.weddingedge.co.uk/

We got married in a Midlands venue where there wasnt much "grounds" and he made our pics look fantastic. He gets a mega ? from me.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

We were going to use http://www.richardshephard.co.uk/ and I think he is in your area and budget. His pictures look good and I think he is a HIB.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics