Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2024 Surrey

Photographer/ Videographer

Stephanie, 23 of January of 2023 at 15:27 Posted on Planning 1 5
We are looking for photographers and videographer duo package. But had very different quotes!

What roughly is the average for photo and video packages for weddings. We are getting married in Surrey so looking for people around that area.
TIA

5 replies

Latest activity by Amie Seal Photography, 16 of February of 2023 at 21:32
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Is there any particular reason that you are looking for a duo package. Cost wise there can be massive variations between just the single disciplines. You may find a duo cheaper than separate ones combined but there is no reason why the same quality and experienced duo should be any cheaper. And you are vastly cutting down on your options.

• S
    Beginner August 2024 Surrey
    Stephanie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Been quoted for £3500 for both and then another company £1800 and it’s a massive difference between two companies for the same thing. Just wondering why one is so much cheaper.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Are they both providing the same service (e.g. are they both providing the same amount of coverage, is one providing an album/engagement shoot etc)? Also, what about the quality? I have seen some very cheap wedding photographers whose work makes it obvious that you get what you pay for! Someone who is just starting out is likely to be cheaper than a well-established business, as they will keep their prices down while building up a client base. And sometimes, if someone gets super-popular, they can charge higher rates because everyone wants them.

Don't just look at price, look at the work they offer. Check out their social media - they can pick what feedback they share on their website, but they can't control what someone writes about them on a review site or social media. One or two negative reviews are to be expected because some people just love complaining, but if they have a lot...

• A
    Dedicated October 2023 Surrey
    AmesLou ·
    • Hide content

I'm also getting married in Surrey and I'm not having a videographer but my photographer alone is costing slightly more than your cheaper quote (this is for whole day coverage). When I was looking up photographers in the area, most were a similar price, give or take a few hundred pounds. This would make me very suspicious of anyone providing both photography and videography for that price (assuming you also have quotes to cover most of the day), however you may have just found a really good deal!

Like RomanticGreenStationery27135 I would recommend making sure that both packages are offering the same services for the same amount of money. You can also do things like reverse image search some of their photos to make sure they're the photographer's own, have a look at their Instagram if they have one - it can be encouraging to see where their account has been tagged in photos by happy brides.

• Amie Seal Photography
    Leicestershire
    Amie Seal Photography ·
    • Hide content

Personally I would book the two individually to allow for shopping around.. Smiley smile

A.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics