Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Photographers- Hampshire

17 April, 2011 at 18:24 Posted on Planning 0 29

Hi All

I'm getting married on 24th March next year and am looking a reasonably priced tog- and by reasonably, I mean up to a grand- but most of the ones I'm looking at are £1200+ and I'm beginning to lose heart. Am I looking for the impossible? Any recommendations would be so gratefully received! xx

29 replies

Latest activity by lisaloulou, 20 April, 2011 at 08:08
  • R
    Beginner May 2012
    ruby_tuesday ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married in May next year. My photographer is costing over a grand but that's by our choice. I'm sure he does other packages that can be tweaked to your budget. Worth asking.-His name is Nigel Copcutt. website = www.nigelcopcutt.co.uk

Hope that helps.(PS tell him I recommended him lol)

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

We're using John Snowden, he's based in Portsmouth.

http://snowdenphotography.co.uk/

We got a special deal at a wedding fair, which gave us a discount, but the basic package is the "Traditional" at £850 which gives

Two pre wedding visits. The coverage starts at the mother of the bride’s house and finishes at the mock cake cutting. An album that holds up to forty prints. A preview / proof book with all the photos of the day. A framed 16”x 12” photograph of your choice. Two post wedding visits. Online viewing of all the wedding photographs. Photograph manipulation and special effects are free.

We're also paying the extra for the evening photography and 'portrait studio'.

You may also want to consider https://www.murakamiphotography.com/ who is a hitcher-in-business and has had a lot of good reviews here from happy customers.

If that sounds like what you're looking for, I suggest you look out for him at one of the wedding fairs he lists as being at, as he may still be doing the deal.

• R
    Beginner May 2012
    ruby_tuesday ·
    • Hide content

We have him the whole day. from about half 10 in the morning through to half 8 in the evening. He take s a whole load of photos in reportage style plus the usual posed photos. We get a website for 6 months, and photos on a disk and I think an album of up to 30 sides (i think). Deposit was 250, interim payment of 500 due next april and then when we know what photos we want in the album he creates it and quotes for that separately. So we may not go over a grand yet. He can also add on parents albums and other things. His albums are usually in photobook style.

• MrsG2B28.7.12
    Beginner July 2012
    MrsG2B28.7.12 ·
    • Hide content

Http://thecoleportfolio.co.uk/ is one that I have been looking at they are quite a new company and do packages around what you want. I was looking at having 2 togs for 9 hours all images on DVD and a pre-wedding shoot for £850 Smiley smile

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

I would not recommend myself, as that would be improper, although please do check out the evolving website. My prices are able to fit your budget. You are slightly outside of my cachement area, although I am always happy to travel.

Peter

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Often the price difference comes in the albums used - one we saw included some fancy designer Italian leather album that cost something like £400.

I think a £20 from Smiths will do us just fine... that's why we're getting a mostly CD based package so we can print our own and make our own albums and/or photobooks; I have the skills needed with Photoshop so I don't see the point in wasting our photographer's time getting him to do a lot of the fancy post-procesing effects when I can do it at our leisure and do what we want instead of hassling him Smiley smile

• Wedding Photographer
    Wedding Photographer ·
    • Hide content

There is no point in me trying to explain why photography costs what it does.... Obviously we turn up waltz in, shoot, whack the images on disk, and go down the pub and do little else... (and that is so far from the truth it is unbelievable)

Popping my tongue back from my cheek.. if you do go down the DIY route, do at least take the time to understand the importance of acid free materials. If you make a scrap book and tape or glue your photographs in, then expect it to look awful in 20 years

Equally, in 20 years, dont assume the DVD you are given will read, or that you will even have a player that can read the disk. It is worth knowing there there is a reason and methodology for the things a professional photographer does, and they nearly always have your best interests at heart

• A
    Beginner
    Angelika ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we live in Hampshire and we are using Senior Mac Photography (http://www.snrmac.com/), who are a husband and wife team. Their prices have changed a little since we booked them, but you can get a DVD-disk only package for £895, which would enable you to print up your own albums and keep costs under £1K. Unfortunately, their album packages are now over £1K. They have a good website with lots of examples of their photos and also list their prices, which is really helpful. Hope that is of some help and good luck with finding a photographer.

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Don't worry Pete, I'll recommend you.

Have you tried Pete?

I'm free then as well. But have you tried Pete? He's really very good.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

The one we have booked is in Hampshire but I won't recommend them until they have done a good job Smiley smile

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

Ours is Naomi Lloyd [google her] her portfolio is lovely and we are having digital only package which is £995 but you can have stuff added on afterwards. Plus she is lovely which helps. Shes based in portsmouth too.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

She used to live next door but one from me!

So your another Portsmouth [or should I say Southsea] Hitcher?!!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Was a Southsea lady up untill I moved in with MrMini Smiley sad cant move back quick enough! We are getting married at the Alverbank in Gosport, what about you?!

• A
    Beginner
    Angelika ·
    • Hide content

Shame SnrMac is booked. Hope that you can use one of the other recommendations. Also just wanted to say that Tithe Barn is a lovely venue! Have a fab wedding day!

• MrsG2B28.7.12
    Beginner July 2012
    MrsG2B28.7.12 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry felt the need to jump in here with being a Portsmouth/ Fareham/ Gosport bride Smiley smile (live in Fareham, born in Portsmouth getting married in Gosport Smiley smile. Just wondered if either of you had a florist yet and if I could be so cheeky as to ask who? Also Vintage Mini I read in another thread that you have a short dress did you get it locally?

Thank you Smiley smile

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

Im in Fareham too....interesting!

My dress is from Brighton- Joanne Flemming design, google her! My Aunty is my florist I am afraid but there is ByGeorge a HIB on here?

• MrsG2B28.7.12
    Beginner July 2012
    MrsG2B28.7.12 ·
    • Hide content

It is weird how close everyone seems to be!

Thank you her designs look amazing think I will have to have a trip to Brighton! I will have a look for ByGeorge Smiley smile

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

lol...thanks Chris......of course you are also fantastic!!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Panjita, that is extremely wise. Too many recommend vendors before the product is delivered. It is far more valuable to have a recommendation based on full experience.

One hitcher in your area had a really bad experience with one supplier, although before the big day, all seemed fantastic.

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

By George is very talented and lovely too http://www.bygeorgebespoke.co.uk/

• You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics