Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Beginner September 2016

Photographers in the north west - any recommendations?

Violet89, 8 of April of 2015 at 20:39 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hi all! We secured our date today for our wedding so I now want to get a photographer sorted. We are getting married in Manchester city centre so would be ideally looking for someone based in Greater Manchester/Lancashire/Cheshire. Can anyone recommend some names to get me started? I imagine to spend somewhere between £1000-£1800 depending on what is included.

15 replies

Latest activity by Chale, 20 of July of 2015 at 14:07
  • E
    Beginner April 2015
    elemden ·
    • Hide content

I think our tog generally travels to anywhere (He's in Thailand at the mo). Google French Connection photography.

• MrsWarland2b
    Beginner May 2015
    MrsWarland2b ·
    • Hide content

I am getting married in liverpool, my photographer is from Warrington her name is joanne kelly. If you google her. She is amazing!! Really well priced and a fantastic photographer .

• Sambarine
    Beginner May 2015
    Sambarine ·
    • Hide content

We're also getting married in Manchester city centre, and this is our lovely photographer:

www.andersonjones.co.uk

She has a couple of different packages from 800-1500 - we're paying £1000 for coverage from morning prep up to the wedding breakfast.

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

Our photographer is Liverpool based but she does travel, and she's within your budget, her name is Amy Faith, she's on Facebook, but also has a website. I know she's still got dates for September 2016

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Hello! I'm just 1 hour from central Manchester and work there regularly. Happy to have a chat about what you need!

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Daffodilwaves is close and a supplier on here https://www.daffodilwaves.co.uk/ ?

• B
    Beginner June 2015
    Brooksy ·
    • Hide content

My photographer is Steven Rooney (Natural Touch Photography) he is abslutely lovely, not had the wedding yet so I cant give a full review but so far he is spot on, always prompt with communication and so friendly and helpful. He has recently put his prices up though so might be at the top end of your budget.

For a slightly more reasonable priced option I would highly recommed Daniel Charles photography, he recently shot my brothers wedding and he was fantastic, on the day he kept everything flowing smoothly and was great with all of the guests, even letting some of my young cousins have a go with his camera. The photos they got back were lovely and i think their album was included in the price. I can't speak highly enough of him!

• X
    Beginner
    xSarahCx ·
    • Hide content
  • V
    Beginner September 2016
    Violet89 ·
    • Hide content

Got some great ideas here, thank you all so much! Currently in the process of putting out lots of feelers! So hard to know who to pick, never had to think about photography before it is all a bit baffling

• B
    Beginner July 2015
    BridetobeMrsS ·
    • Hide content

We've booked Damian Brandon (DSB Creative Photography). He's based in Denton. Obviously I cannot vouch just yet as the wedding is still 3 months away but he seems like a top guy and his work looks fantastic. We've booked a package including an album and all day coverage until after first dance and its cost just under £1300.

• jennybob
    Beginner April 2015
    jennybob ·
    • Hide content

Kerry woods! xx

• RusticBride15
    Beginner June 2015
    RusticBride15 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I second DSB!! Damian is absolutely fantastic iv recently just had a boudoir shoot with him which was his first proper delve into this kind of photography and the results well more than I could ever have imagined.. I can't saying enough good things about Damian he's very creative in his work I have followed his blog religiously since booking him over a year ago and I have never been disappointed with what iv seen.. Brilliant guy, is willing to sit and listen to what you want as the bride and groom too which is fantastic for us as we're both quite creative people and have our own ideas for different shots.. Very down to earth professional kinda guy!!

xxx

• foxxy88
    Beginner June 2015
    foxxy88 ·
    • Hide content

We've gone for Kris at KJP http://kjpimages.co.uk/

• B
    Beginner November 2015
    Bridally ·
    • Hide content

We've booked Ashton photography and they are amazing! He used to be a photographer for a couple of the big newspapers in London. We paid £1100 for just him but I think you can pay £1500 for both of them on the day (full day coverage). He’s a really likeable person too which I think helps a lot. And he comes highly recommended in the industry!

http://ashtonphotography.co.uk/

• woodgreenstudios
    woodgreenstudios ·
    • Hide content

We are based in Wigan and cover the North West - feel free to have a look at the website for more info and pricing. It is www.woodgreenstudios.com

Good luck with your wedding planning :-)

• C
    Beginner August 2016
    Chale ·
    • Hide content

Our photographer is Steve Grogan: www.stevegroganphotography.com. Lovely guy, and he agreed to do package 2, but to swap hair and makeup prep (which I don't want) for full evening reception coverage!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics