Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2023 Essex

Photography

Lauren, 25 of February of 2023 at 16:42 Posted on Planning 1 7
Has anyone heard of blackout media wedding photographers I'm just a little unsure if they are scammers

7 replies

Latest activity by Tehjpal, 13 of June of 2023 at 13:24
  • TODAYSMYDAY WEDDING
    Greater Manchester
    TODAYSMYDAY WEDDING ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm Akeel, a Manchester Wedding Photographer. Has the company that you have mentioned got a website or anything that shows you that they have some work or portfolio?

As a Wedding Photographer myself I have my portfolio and if you are looking for someone always see if they have any work and ask them questions, lots of questions.

• L
    Beginner August 2023 Essex
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They have a face book page ect and alot of peoples weddings and people commenting. I just find it strange how we have spoke over message and that's all I said do we need to talk on phone he said no because wedding is next year and he will forget. I just had to pay deposit. He has sent me a contract and invoice but I just not surw
  • TODAYSMYDAY WEDDING
    Greater Manchester
    TODAYSMYDAY WEDDING ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Lauren
    As long as you have been given a contract that is the main thing, the contract should give you a full breakdown of the dates covered and what is and is not covered.

In regards to the deposit I know in some companies including mine, we have a no refund policy. but always check the contract to see what it states.

I'm more than happy to help where I can

what are your main doubts?

akeel

Manchester Wedding Photographer

• E
    Beginner August 2024 Derbyshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi,
    I have messaged this company too. They have my date available but I am unsure/unwilling to book as I asked if I could phone him with some questions I have and he didn’t reply. So messaged again and he said he was busy all weekend doing weddings. I asked if I could ring in the week and had no reply. What does it say in your contract? It just seems all a bit scammy x
  • K
    Dedicated June 2023 Essex
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content

Just to weigh in on this. I would find it very odd if they wouldn't speak to you on the phone. I booked my photographer and videographer 2 years before my wedding. They both spoke to me on the phone before I booked, because they wanted to get an idea of what I was looking for. I then got sent quotes and once agreed they sent me the invoice and contract. This was early 2021. I get married this June 2023.

There are lots of photographers, I would have a look at some others and compare how they go about booking.

• Katy
    Curious July 2023 West Yorkshire
    Katy ·
    • Hide content
    I have seen a few posts about this company on a wedding scams Facebook page. It would seem that they are very unreliable, but some people have had good results from them, so I'd say it's a big gamble using them & be wary
  • T
    Derbyshire
    Tehjpal ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lauren,

Not sure if you have found anyone, I am offering a BIG discount to the first person to book me for a wedding shoot. I have done many Music & model shoots but I am venturing into weddings. Give me a shout if you trust me to capture you wedding. Search td.capturethis under photography I will also be more than happy to show you more of my work and provide reviews.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics