Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2008

Photography invoice

Silly Sausage, 22 of July of 2008 at 13:41 Posted on Planning 0 7

can anyone help? our photographer has asked us to pay the full invoice before the wedding- is this normal?

7 replies

Latest activity by Michael, 27 of April of 2022 at 10:52
  • ebee
    Beginner January 2008
    ebee ·
    • Hide content

I'm a videographer and always ask for the full balance 7 days before the wedding. I have the proper insurance, so if there are any disputes the bride is covered, but that doesn't work in reverse if a couple unjustly refuses to pay after being given the finished DVD. ?

• S
    Beginner August 2008
    Silly Sausage ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ebee - that makes total sense - I expect I'm just scared by the size of the payment!

• Kebab thief
    Beginner August 2008
    Kebab thief ·
    • Hide content

All of the photographers we looked at had to be paid in advance, ours is balance in full by 7 days prior to the wedding.

• M
    Beginner August 2008
    Mrs W2B ·
    • Hide content

I just sent off my cheque today, it was painful saying goodbye to so much money. My photographer requires full payment one month before.

• twinks
    Beginner January 2009
    twinks ·
    • Hide content

My photographer gets their deposit, then 50% of the remainder a few weeks before, then the remaining 50% 7 days after (before the put our photos online/send out DVD etc, but after they've done the day, which seemed a pretty good compromise to me).

It's all laid out in our contract though what we have to pay when, so I won't get any surprises nearer the time!!

• London Photographer
    London Photographer ·
    • Hide content

It is normal to pay in full before the wedding, but check your contract to confirm that this is required in this case. Also look at the cancellation terms which can vary a lot between photographers.

Clwyd - wedding photographer at Pixcellence http://www.pixcellence.co.uk

• C
    Co Antrim
    Chris ·
    • Hide content
    Full balance 7 days before is completely normal! Smiley smile

www.therealus.co.uk

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics