Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Claudia
Beginner October 2022 Greater Manchester

Photos on Website

Claudia, 14 of April of 2022 at 12:12 Posted on Feedback to Hitched 0 7
Hello,

I’m having issues with photos on the welcome page. It seems like no matter the size, once uploaded they are incredibly zoomed in and it’s impossible to zoom.
Also, especially with the pic at the bottom of the page it’s impossible to add a photo that would look good both the in the desktop and mobile view at the same time. If good I’m desktop, the mobile view will be zoomed in, and viceversa.
Are these photos compulsory? Could we not have a photo at least at the bottom?
Thanks,Claudia

7 replies

• N
    Beginner April 2023 Hampshire
    Neetha ·
    • Hide content
    We are also having the same issue - grateful for any guidance!
  • L
    Beginner June 2023 Hampshire
    Luke ·
    • Hide content
    Hi! I’m having exactly the same issue specifically on the mobile version of the website, and having paid for an illustrator to do the cartoon of us specifically for the website I’m not impressed. We uploaded the size specified so not sure why it won’t work??

Not getting much luck/response from Hitched on how to resolve the issue either…

Did you manage to find a way around it in the end?
    Thanks,Becky x
  • A
    Beginner June 2023 Central & Glasgow
    Annie ·
    • Hide content
    If anyone does have the answer to this question, I would also be mega grateful for the advice! Been trying all day to upload photos from both my phone and laptop and it’s not happening!
    No one needs to see our pores so close up…!
  • L
    Luke ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Annie, I’m still working through this myself!

I’ve now had a response from Hitched support, and by the sounds of it they have no intention of resolving the issue with a developer anytime soon (but instead are putting effort into making the preview function show the issue??? Seems a bit backwards to me, but I’m no expert).

Amy-Lee from Hitched Support has kindly offered to take my image to add a border around it to help scale it down to appear correctly on mobile. I’ve only just had this exchange today and sent my image off. I’m apprehensive as in my mind that means it will shrink the image to appear on mobile correctly, but surely that will then mean it appears tiny on the desktop…but I’m willing to give anything a go at this point. Happy to feedback once I get my image back from them to try, or in the meantime you might want to log a support call and reference Amy-Lee and the offer to edit images to fit.
    Hope that helps, I feel your pain!Becky
  • L
    Luke ·
    • Hide content
    Hi all (again!),

Following my message above, I can confirm Hitched Support were able to go into my account and do some tweaking with the photo that has made it now work (by adding some sort of border) on both mobile and web view. Worth getting in touch with them via the ‘contact us’ if you’re having the same issue.
    Thanks,Rebecca
  • Klaus
    Beginner November 2022 West Midlands
    Klaus ·
    • Hide content

Hi there. You have written great marketing tips here. I really liked them. But I would also like to talk about the fact that for all this, you need to make a high-quality logo that will attract more attention. If you don't know how to make it

• Beginner June 2023 Greater Manchester
    ·
    • Hide content
    I totally get the struggle with photos on websites, especially when it comes to getting them to look good on both desktop and mobile views. It can be quite a challenge!
    In my experience, I found that resizing and optimizing the images before uploading can help maintain their quality and avoid zooming issues. You could also try adjusting the dimensions and resolution to ensure they display properly on different devices.
    Have you considered using Framed Canvas Prints ? They offer a unique and stylish way to showcase your photos. With their high-quality frames, your images can make a real impact and add a professional touch to your website's design.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics