Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Knownowt

Photoshop and uploading to Photobox

Knownowt, 26 of May of 2008 at 06:18 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 7

I want to create a picture made up of 20 photos- 5 across, 4 down- then upload it onto Photobox or similar and order it as a mousemat.

I haven't taken the 20 photos yet but tried making a mock-up using any old snaps, on Photoshop (a v basic version). I managed to get it looking as I wanted but couldn't upload it- Photobox just said "problem with photo".

Is Photoshop the right software for what I want? Is there something easier (um, Word? I don't have much). Is there a particular size and format a picture needs to be to be uploaded? It should be easy, shouldn't it? I'm such a technodunce.

7 replies

Latest activity by Michael, 5 of May of 2023 at 07:42
  • NickJ
    Beginner
    NickJ ·
    • Hide content

I dont think photobox can do it for you with multiple images. you can do it in photoshop, but its very laborious. you ll need to go to file, new, create a new canvas, choose the size of themousemat (potobox will give you the dimensions) or choose a canvas with the same aspect ratio. then you ll need to reseize each image, and copy and paste them on to the blank canvas. obviously they ll all need to fit like a straight edged jigsaw. use the move tool by pressing v on the keyboard after you ve hit paste, then you can shuffle them around. when youre done, go to image, flatten. then save it as a high res jpeg and upload it. it ll be a big file by that point. there is software available which can do this for you, but i dont know of any which is free.

• B
    Beginner October 2007
    Bridget F ·
    • Hide content

Knownowt, there's a mosaic function on http://bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php that should be able to do the trick for you. I'm pretty sure you can upload pictures from your PC or if you have them in flickr it'll whizz them over for you.

hth?

• B
    Beginner October 2007
    Bridget F ·
    • Hide content

Just thinking about this - could you also do it into powerpoint and then save it as a jpeg or PDF file then upload it to photobox?

• Knownowt
    Knownowt ·
    • Hide content

Thanks both of you- shall have a look at that site and have a fiddle on Photoshop ?

• alleroo
    Beginner January 2007
    alleroo ·
    • Hide content

If you use photoshop, and you're planning on all the images being the same size/dimensions I would crop the source images to ratio and then c+p them into the new canvas

• Knownowt
    Knownowt ·
    • Hide content

Bridget, that site is brilliant and has done exactly what I want- huge thanks.

• M
    Kievskaya obl.
    Michael ·
    • Hide content

Such an old thread, sorry for bumping, but searching for some info to fix my prob. Can someone help me?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics