Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner June 2015

Picking Catering Companies - Top Table or Sue Le Bonne

Anne2015, 3 of December of 2013 at 21:56 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi Ladies,

So we've booked our venue and paid their expensive deposit. Now we need to choose the next costly thing... the caterers. We have to pick from one of 2 authorised companies ..... Sue Le Bonne or Top Table. I was wondering:

1. If anyone has any experience with either of these companies and/or

2. How people chose their company.

There are plus' and negatives for both. Originally I had a gut for one but now I'm starting to think about the other. Both companies are based in Cheshire.

Thank you in advance!! ?

6 replies

Latest activity by Purplehotwaterbottle, 16 of January of 2016 at 12:38
  • DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

We could choose from 4 for ours. It did seem quite overwhelming and we intended to taste at at least two. Instead we ended up seeing the menu for one place and deciding that their style of food and presentation suited us perfectly. We went for a tasting and were impressed with the food and the staff so went with them.

I could have tortured myself weighing up all the options and no doubt there would have been pros and cons for all but we just went with our gut feeling.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

We tasted the food. Booking outside caterers was an advantage because they dropped the food to our house and we could taste it in the comfort of our own home.

• Santatranter
    Beginner August 2014
    Santatranter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know this is an oldish thread but can I ask if you have booked Sandhole barn? I've been looking at it and think of visiting.

• A
    Beginner June 2015
    Anne2015 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Santatranter,

Yes we booked it. I'd defo say go and look. It's not the cheapest venue but it is gorgeous. We both fell in love with it so decided that the venue was one of the more important things to us. Are you local?

• Santatranter
    Beginner August 2014
    Santatranter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thought I'd replied but,obviously just thought about it! We are in Biddulph but drive past it every couple of weeks. I missed the open day a couple of weeks ago but we had decided we couldn't justify the cost and I think subconsciously I didn't want to see it just in case. We have now booked a venue so I suppose,I could go next wedding Fayre. Have you made a decision on the caterer?

• BrownEyedGal
    Beginner May 2014
    BrownEyedGal ·
    • Hide content

I know this thread is about 6 weeks old now so you've probably booked your caterer already but we're also getting married at Sandhole and we went with top table. So far they've been great and their food is yum. When do you get married there?

• P
    Beginner July 2017
    Purplehotwaterbottle ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

i am am in the same boat as you were now! I also have a feeling who I'd like to go with over the other. But now it's actual decision time I'm unsure. As its a big decision! Scared to get it wrong and pay that deposit!

who did you chose in the end.... And was it the right choice?

Please let me know it would be a massive help! :-)

Many thanks

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics