Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Picking up your wedding dress?

8 December, 2011 at 09:55 Posted on Planning 0 9

Bit random, but those of you who have picked up your dresses, did your bridal shop automatically give you something to take it home in, or was this something you had to buy as an extra or provide? Bit like the suit covers you get to protect your suit.

9 replies

Latest activity by pandorasbox, 16 December, 2011 at 13:26
  • Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

Mine came in a fabric bag!

• Little Miss Tweety
    Beginner August 2012
    Little Miss Tweety ·
    • Hide content

Mine came in a breathable dress bag.

• vicster
    Beginner December 2011
    vicster ·
    • Hide content

A dress bag. though i've also ordered a storage box thingy as i need to bring it on a plane.

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

I think it would be madness to expect them to not cover it up in some way. Mine came in a dress bag!

• W
    wangjuan ·
    • Hide content

Mine came in a bag dress,either.
  • sparkelly
    Beginner December 2011
    sparkelly ·
    • Hide content

Mine came in a dress bag but after they had steamed it, putting it in the bag would have scrunched it all up again as it is massive with a big train. I took a cheap plain white double duvet cover so the dress fitted in there perfectly - I snipped a hole in one corner to poke the hanger through.

They should provide a dress bag definitely but if you need something extra it could just be an old (clean!) duvet cover.

Hope this helps

• Linziloo84
    Beginner May 2012
    Linziloo84 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love this idea!

• Linziloo84
    Beginner May 2012
    Linziloo84 ·
    • Hide content

They should definatley give you a breathable zip up cover to transport it in,When I went last I asked this question and they said of course they would,they dont know why any shop wouldnt provide one!

On the other hand the bridesmaids dresses only came with a plastic sleeve over them.

But be careful with leaving it in the bag when its at home, as if you do have a long train it will get creased up without a doubt!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

My dress shop charged my mum extra if we wanted it in a special bag! I did tell her not to pay it as obviously they would give us something, but she insisted we must get this 'special protective' one ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics