Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2014

Picture Quiz!

SunnyOrangeConfetti79, 30 of April of 2014 at 20:15 Posted on Planning 0 23

...sort of! there is a point to this, which I'll reveal after I've had a few responses but, for now, can you tell me, without looking at any other pics for reference, what colour this suit looks to you?

tia Smiley smile

23 replies

Latest activity by purplewaffle, 5 of May of 2014 at 14:20
  • AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Dark brown x

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsB2015 ·
    • Hide content

Looks brown to me xx

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Looks brown to me too Smiley smile

• SunnyOrangeFlowers21
    Beginner August 2014
    SunnyOrangeFlowers21 ·
    • Hide content

I'd say it could be dark grey with the yellow making it look brown...or indeed dark brown!

• R
    Savvy July 2015
    RomanticGoldConfetti108 ·
    • Hide content

I'd say dark brown x

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Dark brown

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    SunnyOrangeConfetti79 ·
    • Hide content

Ok good. It is brown, and it looks pretty brown to me from the pic too Smiley smile so here's the thing...

a few months back we decided to splash out a not inconsiderable sum (about £110) on a custom cake topper, as we thought it would be nice to have the personal and individual touch, and I ordered them through a lady I found on Etsy whose work looked great and had really good testimonials. There was a questionnaire to fill in about our own colouring etc, and details of our outfits. At the time, we hadn't ordered OH's suit, but knew he'd be wearing a brown Prince Edward style, so I attached this pic to the order form (having just double checked the actual form, there was no space on there to specify the colour of the actual suit, only waistcoat and tie).

A few weeks after sending the order off I received pics of the figurines to make sure I was happy with them before they were fired. I noted at the time that waistcoat was a much darker 'gold' than OH would be wearing. He'd also since decided that he was going to wear burgundy converse, so I asked if it was possible for those things to be amended, but she said it was not now possible to make those changes - fair enough - small details. At the time I did think the suit on the figurine looked a little dark, but put it down to it not showing up very well on the pic, and double checked that the picture I had sent clearly showed a brown suit.

I've now received the finished article and whilst I'm really happy with the quality of the work, and my dress etc are spot on, the grooms suit is very clearly made of black clay! Before I go back and express my disappointment and see if there's anything I can do to save it (eg have a go at painting it), I just wanted to check that it is - quite clearly - a brown suit in the picture!

• k.j.w
    Beginner June 2017
    k.j.w ·
    • Hide content

A very dark black/brown, depends on what angle my screen is at lol, but generally its got a more brown base to it

• C
    Beginner October 2014
    CoopsJ68 ·
    • Hide content

Dark Brown to me too

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

Looks black (or very dark charcoal) to me.

I feel like the champagne colour waistcoat makes it look brown as an optical illusion.

Which means it's prob brown, LOL.

Go on. tell us.

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    SunnyOrangeConfetti79 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

see three posts up Smiley smile

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

You'll find it's a common problem with different monitors. It looks very dark on mine and at first I thought it was charcoal. Had to look again and at the enlarged version so agree it could be brown. I think there's a clear lesson here for the colour to be requested not just taken from a photo

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

Dammit, I started responding, got distracted by the TV and clearly didn't hit 'post' until the answer had come out, LOL !

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    SunnyOrangeConfetti79 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm starting to think i should have specified even though it wasn't on the questionnaire I sent, but would also expect the person making it to double check if there was any room for ambiguity. I did actually consider (for about 3 seconds) changing our colour scheme to match the cake topper, but it's not the be-all and end-all if nothing can be done now - at least she got the dress right Smiley laugh

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

And that's what ppl will notice. Xx

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have always wondered how other people saw our photos on our sites, we cant cater for every different monitor, some are really good out of the box and some are terrible and show our photos to be either too dark or too light.?

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    SunnyOrangeConfetti79 ·
    • Hide content

So, having exchanged emails with the lady that made the cake topper, as suspected the suit looked black on her monitor. I've asked her advice on whether I can paint the topper, and she's told me what paints to use, and it should all turn out ok - if the suit turns out ok I'll try to get the burgundy converse detail added too - wish me luck!

this is what I'm starting with:

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    SunnyOrangeConfetti79 ·
    • Hide content

And done! cocked up the shoes a bit, but overall I'm happy enough with it Smiley smile

• purplewaffle
    Beginner August 2015
    purplewaffle ·
    • Hide content

Aw it looks lovely! Can I ask where you ordered this from please?

xx

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    H3LEN ·
    • Hide content

Hi purplewaffle, theirs a lady on hitched that do these Andrea her web site is tiddystops.co.uk she's doing mine. If you look at her photos she's amazing. Hope this helps.

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well done, you did a great job there with the brown!

• purplewaffle
    Beginner August 2015
    purplewaffle ·
    • Hide content

Thanks @H3len! Will have a look xx

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    SunnyOrangeConfetti79 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

mine are from here Smiley smile

http://nicolewong.com/Home.html